Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delaware Co-Op pilot for EV Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you get your electricity from the Delaware Electric Co-Op (mostly in Sussex County,DE) you may be interested in the paste below. Unfortunately, as a part time resident my usage is less than the required 1K average. On the bright side, I am picking up my Model X on Saturday (3/10) and the Lewes SC is 3 miles away.

Quote from email:

Electric Vehicle Pilot Program
Receive a Free Electric Vehicle Charger From Your Co-op!

Delaware Electric Cooperative is launching an electric vehicle charger pilot program! We’re looking for members with electric vehicles to participate in this program. Qualified members will receive a FREE ChargePoint Home electric car charger, a $700 value. The charger is the smallest and most advanced charging station on the market.

Members will need to have:

-An all-electric vehicle

-Average consumption of 1,000 kWh or more per month.

-Be willing to allow the Cooperative to interrupt charging during times of peak energy use – these are the times when your Co-op issues a Beat the Peak alert! Beat the Peak alerts are usually issued just a few times per month and last, on average, 2-3 hours.

-Share data related to their vehicle charging.

Members will be able to keep the charger after the pilot program has ended. The program is being launched to help the Cooperative better plan for the costs and energy demand that the expanded use of electric vehicles will likely bring. Members interested in participating in the pilot program can call Kevin Yingling at 302-349-3120 or email him at [email protected] for more details. Remember, the program is FREE and will help Delaware Electric Cooperative plan for the future growth of electric vehicles in our service territory.