Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here and sorry if I posted at the wrong place. Did anyone have any experience delaying delivery by a couple of weeks? I'm in New York and the delivery adviser gave me 1 week window but I'm travelling out of town. I tried to push it by 2 weeks till I come back, thinking it is not a big deal given I have waited more than 2 years. Tesla should offer at least 2 weeks flexibility. However I was told the flexibility is the 1 week window and if I pass on this car I will have to be rematched to another car at a later time.

Has anyone been rematched and how was that experience - another long wait? The delivery adviser just said it is uncertain...

The delivery adviser was also really hard to get a hold of. MIA last week so I definitely can't take delivery in the 1 week window that they have given.

It is super frustrating, especially for people who might have sold their current vehicle and/or already had a previous delivery appointment cancelled.

Hopefully, they will improve this aspect of their customer service as demand for the Model 3 stabilizes and/or they grow their infrastructure, which is currently insufficient to accommodate their increased manufacturing and sales volume.

Will you be out of town during the entire window? I have a similar situation, but literally have a 3-hour window to take delivery during my week. I went to the delivery center in person and they were able to work with me.