Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay inventory order delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, ordered an inventory vehicle and gave all the details to Tesla and scheduled it for pickup on coming Saturday as I want the whole family to be there for pickup but wife works late on workdays. But I have something else come up for the weekend and seeing to ask the advisor to push the pickup a week later. Any idea if this would cause the VIN to be released and I will be put back in queue like I have been reading? If so, would I loose the inventory discount I had for this vehicle and have to go with whatever price the other vehicle will have ? Just checking options on how to work it out before reaching out to Tesla and end up in a bad situation. Thanks.

I picked up an inventory M3 in August and was coming from out of town. Initially they only offered delivery dates on a weekday. I asked via text if they would delay for a few days to accommodate my schedule and allow me to pick up on a weekend. They obliged and it wasn’t a problem.

They are much more flexible, generally speaking, when you’re farther away from the end of a quarter like now.

You can ask them but I would be careful if you have a car with a greater discount than what is currently being offered. There have been a few posts recently about people losing their VIN and then being reassigned a new VIN for the exact same configuration but at a higher price.

You can ask them but I would be careful if you have a car with a greater discount than what is currently being offered. There have been a few posts recently about people losing their VIN and then being reassigned a new VIN for the exact same configuration but at a higher price.
This is what I want to avoid exactly and in my solar project experience, Tesla advisors have not been very friendly or accommodating which is what worries me even to ask them to delay

I picked up an inventory M3 in August and was coming from out of town. Initially they only offered delivery dates on a weekday. I asked via text if they would delay for a few days to accommodate my schedule and allow me to pick up on a weekend. They obliged and it wasn’t a problem.

They are much more flexible, generally speaking, when you’re farther away from the end of a quarter like now.
same thing for me when I asked to give me a weekend date when the app was only showing dates till Friday but just worried how they would help if I ask to delay another week