Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delaying fall delivery for EV credit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered my EDD was Jan to April 2023, after I got an EDD of Dec 3rd to Dec 31st EDD last week I texted back request to put my order on hold, they asked me when do I want to take delivery, I replied April, and they put my order on hold until 04/01/2023. I think they're a bit chill nowadays regarding hold requests.
More so than when people wait until they get a VIN. That's when they seem to clamp down.

When I ordered my EDD was Jan to April 2023, after I got an EDD of Dec 3rd to Dec 31st EDD last week I texted back request to put my order on hold, they asked me when do I want to take delivery, I replied April, and they put my order on hold until 04/01/2023. I think they're a bit chill nowadays regarding hold requests.
Today I was given a VIN and a delivery window of Dec 5-12. I texted back asking for January, they said a 7 day hold was all I could get. After that, it is subject to VIN assignment (right away, or months). :(