Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delaying order, extra $250 order fee?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had conflicting answers on this: The M3 is backordered until July-October. I can finance a Tesla in October but not July. If my VIN# comes in July, can I push it back to October (without paying an extra $250)? TIA

You would have to put your order on hold until july (which is likely going to move you to the back of the line). Tesla is not going to hold a vin for 3 months (they wont hold it for more than about 3 days, actually).

• Informative
Reactions: Not That M3
Thanks. I don't mind putting it back of the line, but I don't have to pay ANOTHER $250, right?

If I were you I would put the order on hold now, and not have the hold come off your order till you are ok with being matched with a car. If you let the system match you with a car, THEN put it on hold, I believe the order agreement (which you agreed to when you placed the order) says something like you have 30 days to accept the car.

If you cant take delivery, contact tesla and put the order on hold till you can, then you wont have the possibility of getting matched with a vehicle then having to decline it.

If I were you I would put the order on hold now, and not have the hold come off your order till you are ok with being matched with a car. If you let the system match you with a car, THEN put it on hold, I believe the order agreement (which you agreed to when you placed the order) says something like you have 30 days to accept the car.

If you cant take delivery, contact tesla and put the order on hold till you can, then you wont have the possibility of getting matched with a vehicle then having to decline it.
Thanks! So basically order now ($250), put it on hold immediately, then wait until October 1st when I am ready to take a car and THEN take it off hold. Yeah?

At last check, Tesla will only put orders on hold for 30 days by your request.

That said, their order system is all kinds of nonlinear. Try removing your financial terms (possibly with the help of an SA). No loan agreement? Tesla tends to put your order further back in line... More hijinks like that.

I've had conflicting answers on this: The M3 is backordered until July-October. I can finance a Tesla in October but not July. If my VIN# comes in July, can I push it back to October (without paying an extra $250)? TIA
what config are you trying to order? I have doubt that if anyone orders a M3 base (even a LR) today, they would be getting a delivery in July. it is more like 8 months wait time.