Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deleted posts coming back.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Over the years I have deleted a few posts, and then later noticed they came back again.
Just be aware the moderators/administrators here seem to reserve the right to resurrect things you try to remove.

Over the years I have deleted a few posts, and then later noticed they came back again.
Just be aware the moderators/administrators here seem to reserve the right to resurrect things you try to remove.

I didn't know it was possible to entirely delete a post. But this is a valid warning for anything you post anywhere. It's probably in the EULA or User Agreement. Also, since the site is visible to web crawlers, your posts might be on the "internet archive" already just like Martin E's blog even though I think he shut down the original site before I'd even heard of Tesla Motors.

Conversely, any thread (or the entirety of this board) could just disappear from its current incarnation. It's owned by someone, and they're generously hosting it on their web server, and we all probably signed (without reading, let's be honest) a EULA or User Agreement laying this all out.

I only gave this any thought because this forum is a wonderful resource and I have previously joined communities which go all "Easter Island" on me, but in the case of this forum I suspect "they" know what they're doing and have robust backups and stuff like that.

If you didn't already try it, you could probably get stuff removed from the forum by asking the admins directly. I think they are dpeilow and mpt plus some other folks (apologies if I'm way off on this assumption).

I asked once about one that got restored and got an explanation why they wanted it back.
(I had posted an image link that was part of a story that was about to be published, and so was asked to remove it.
But then it came back again later. But I was told that it was OK since the story was published by then.)

Another one I noticed came back I decided to let stay (rather than delete it again) because I gather the un-delete was because someone actually wanted it to be there and disagreed with my reason for removing it.
In any case, having noticed a few come back, I wonder how many others came back that I never noticed.
Not sweating it too much, just thought to let people know this happens sometimes.
Seeing this sort of thing makes me wonder if older posts are being edited or deleted too.

Last edited: