Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliver at Fremont Vs Store Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anything special at Fremont location delivery. My MX order has had multiple delays and we are going to miss the 2nd appointment (Tesla needs a lot of help) for no fault of ours. My advisor is now suggesting to take delivery from a local store instead of going to Fremont hub.

Any advice from people who have been to Fremont location recently?

Biggest benefit to taking delivery at Fremont is that you may be able to also schedule a Factory tour at the same time.

Otherwise should make no difference where you accept delivery. Might also think about having it delivered to your home or place of business as a convenience.

Massive # of customers trying to get their cars picked up by EOY to maximize their Federal Tax Credits. California delivery centers most all are running at max capacity (and a little more).

Picking up at Fremont will avoid the possible damage from loading and off loading to a shipping truck.

Biggest benefit to taking delivery at Fremont is that you may be able to also schedule a Factory tour at the same time.

Otherwise should make no difference where you accept delivery. Might also think about having it delivered to your home or place of business as a convenience.

Massive # of customers trying to get their cars picked up by EOY to maximize their Federal Tax Credits. California delivery centers most all are running at max capacity (and a little more).

Picking up at Fremont will avoid the possible damage from loading and offloading to a shipping truck.

Thanks, Uncle Paul. My Advisor will drive it from Fremont to Dublin Store (about 20 miles) - I have a delivery scheduled which we will miss as Tesla did not provide with MVPA in time for my credit union to process and send the chq. They said finding a spot is difficult so we can drive your vehicle and you can come to get it whenever. They also said that the factory tours are not happening anymore due to the high volume of delivery. There was some enthusiasm in the family to go to Fremont which probably won't be same as local Dublin store but w/e works in this situation to get the Mx.

Thanks, Uncle Paul. My Advisor will drive it from Fremont to Dublin Store (about 20 miles) - I have a delivery scheduled which we will miss as Tesla did not provide with MVPA in time for my credit union to process and send the chq. They said finding a spot is difficult so we can drive your vehicle and you can come to get it whenever. They also said that the factory tours are not happening anymore due to the high volume of delivery. There was some enthusiasm in the family to go to Fremont which probably won't be same as local Dublin store but w/e works in this situation to get the Mx.

Dublin is my closest center, but I picked up in Fremont. I was told they no longer did deliveries in Dublin. Maybe they are making an exception to get your delivery in the 4th quarter numbers.

FWIW, Dublin is a mad house for service, check your car over carefully, but expect to have delays if the service center ends up with a list of items to fix.

Just scheduled 1st service appt after delivery (at Dublin aka mad house sc) - let's see how it goes. I hope they dont take long as the list is not big by any means. What kind of loaner I should expect?

I got a Lyft, but they do have loaner Teslas and ICE cars run by Enterprise rental. You see the line of them behind the superchargers. There is a sign that says "service courtesy car parking" or something like that. I understand the loaners do not have the Autopilot option.

It may take a few days to get your car done. A lot of people are buying now to get the end of the $7,500 credit.

Make sure you give them your cell phone number, not a landline. Their system will text whatever number you give them to let you know you car is done. It will not make a voice call. So if give them a landline like me, you end up not realize your car was done days ago.

Reactions: piyu7444