Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries in CA after Stay at Home order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it no problem today! There were probably 8 cars there waiting for pickup of which 4 were model Ys. I wouldn’t call it contact-free but they made an effort. Signed the papers in the car then handed them over, messed around with the cars features a bunch and took off. It was very, very easy. We spent way more time playing with the car than doing the paperwork.
Good luck!
Matt

E4CD1F53-0C3A-4022-A9AD-15DC30E2FFEB.jpeg

Lucky! That is my config and color exactly! I am also picking up in Cost Mesa. Still no word on my delivery date... How was the delivery center when you picked up? Were there multiple Y's?

I did not see any other Ys at Costa Mesa but quite a few people picking up 3s. They said I am the 3rd Y out of their location and 10th in OC. Goodluck, I am sure you will hear very soon!

Blurrg is in the House!!!

What a totally different “Covid-19” experience at the Fremont Delivery Hub from picking up our M3 2 years ago. Practically a museum of stanchions and masking tape Xs on the floor! Limited amount of people in the area at the same time. From the time we walked in for our appt, 10 minutes of signing docs, and the car was ours!

First impressions... we are beyond stoked we got the Y!!!

pro tip- The auto-opening hatch has a way to set a “lower” opening height. Long Press to set a new height. Came in handy in our garage at home not to bash the roll up garage brackets. Set the new opening height slightly lower, because it seems to overshoot by about an inch.

309EBA50-FF2D-4771-BCE1-6AB627B7C5A1.jpeg D2831E40-FD25-4512-9266-A6E1F8A90395.jpeg 521C55A5-7DCF-4C61-A661-7CFB204A32AB.jpeg

Hey Blurrg -
Doesn't this rear seat misalignment bother you?
Did they say anything about it at delivery?
Yours isn't the only one I've seen like that. I seem to be the only one ranting about it, so maybe six years as a Honda factory engineer made me super-fussy.

misalign22mar.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Blurrg -
Doesn't this rear seat misalignment both you?
Did they say anything about it at delivery?
Yours isn't the only one I've seen like that. I seem to be the only one ranting about it, so maybe six years as a Honda factory engineer made me super-fussy.

View attachment 524553

It looks to me as though the 60% side is simply reclined more than the 40% side, creating the illusion of misalignment

Hey unitrecord, Nairb is correct!

We were messing with the back seat recline settings. Guess I didn’t reset the backseats to the same point!

I was surprised by the weight of the back seats, and the prep guy did warn me that it may be difficult for some people to reset the seats upright.

The 60% side is pretty hefty to manually reset upright. Best be on the same side of the car to restore it up. (I have gotten used to dropping and resetting our M3 back seats from either side.)

On the positive side, I was able to show the prep guy the seat recline settings! He had been delivering S3XYs at the Fremont hub, so the MYs are fairly new to some of the Tesla delivery staff.

The MY is surprisingly similar to the M3 as far as driver controls, but if someone is receiving a Tesla for the first time, or used to driving a S or X, you may want the full delivery learning experience. I rented an X on Turo last year, and figuring out which stalk, and how to engage adaptive cruise took a few tries on the X.

I already had a fresh thumb drive prepped for Blurrg’s dashcam for her first drive home. And made sure I had my phone bluetooth connected for listening to my downloaded streaming service off my phone. We did order the Homelink module for our Y, but the front charging pads are way easier to use!

Reactions: jwuwu