Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery 2 months earlier than anticipated?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a call from Tesla saying the delivery date is September 30! We were told early November. Do they make the cars this quickly? Is there a chance this car was in inventory (and possibly a lower price or driven more)? I’m excited but have some concerns.

I just got a call from Tesla saying the delivery date is September 30! We were told early November. Do they make the cars this quickly? Is there a chance this car was in inventory (and possibly a lower price or driven more)? I’m excited but have some concerns.
Check out the Model S/X Tracker on this forum and add your info. What is your VIN?

Reactions: JQS3
Check out the Model S/X Tracker on this forum and add your info. What is your VIN?
Just saw you were on the tracker page. My best guess is that you are in CA and they can deliver it before the end of the 3rd quarter. I ordered on 9/1 and was told September delivery. Have not heard a word yet but I am on the east coast and there is no chance for September so mine isn't even a glimmer in Musks eyes yet.

Reactions: fancyMX
According to your vin (after mine) it is because of location. I was one of the last orders for september delivery and every vin after mine that is being produced in september is a CA car. Doubt that it is a coincidence. I wonder why they skipped October and went right to November in the design studio.
Either way dont worry, you are getting a brandy new MX....enjoy it in September!

According to your vin (after mine) it is because of location. I was one of the last orders for september delivery and every vin after mine that is being produced in september is a CA car. Doubt that it is a coincidence. I wonder why they skipped October and went right to November in the design studio.
Either way dont worry, you are getting a brandy new MX....enjoy it in September!

I read in the forums they skip October because they deliver overseas first at the beginning of the quarter. If that’s the case, I made it in time right before October!

You're in california, so they moved ur delivery up because they know they can get you your car quickly. Delivering before the 3rd quarter ends makes their books look good.

dont worry about "rushed" production, it really only takes the car less than 24 hours to go through the assembly line.

Reactions: P85_DA
Picked up Saturday night at nearly midnight but have gotten a few things done so far here are A few before and after

Attachments

• 80B6CE48-583B-408A-AD65-0EAB09AC969C.jpeg
    80B6CE48-583B-408A-AD65-0EAB09AC969C.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 6C518B0A-8E45-4BEA-B4B7-6FF6E30C077B.jpeg
    6C518B0A-8E45-4BEA-B4B7-6FF6E30C077B.jpeg
    680.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Love
Reactions: JQS3 and K3Man