Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Bait/Switch Trade in Value Decreases Each Time

Has your trade in value not decreased if they redid it?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla should really honor their initial trade offer for as long as it takes for them to deliver the car. Or they shouldn't offer trade-ins. One or the other. Current trade-in offer 30 day expiry shenanigan's is a terrible business practice for a direct factory order business model for which the delays are entirely the responsibility of Tesla and not the consumer.
This. Even I was going to buy my Hyundai and trade it my old car they said it would be delayed but we could work the deal, agree on numbers and I could drive my car until the new one came in. It was projected for over 3 months away. Tesla is just doing what they do because we enable them. Seems they are quickly turning into the apple of the car business.

Reactions: Threader
200% agreed on this. Fake EED with Fake trade in value. they offer me $17700 before the VIN#. Right after my trade in expire two days later they give me a vin with new trade in $16400. within a month i added 400 miles on top of the frist trade in offer that i accepted. Tesla Rep mention to me within 1000 miles should be the same but in this case im losing $1300 for 400 miles. what a rip off from tesla.

Reactions: Threader
Tesla should really honor their initial trade offer for as long as it takes for them to deliver the car. Or they shouldn't offer trade-ins. One or the other. Current trade-in offer 30 day expiry shenanigan's is a terrible business practice for a direct factory order business model for which the delays are entirely the responsibility of Tesla and not the consumer.
This might work fairly if once an offer was made by Tesla, the owner of the car kept the car parked and covered until it was accepted for trade in when the new Tesla was delivered. Why should Tesla be required to suck up the loss for a car driven a few more thousand miles with who knows what other wear and tear on it over the months between offer and delivery?