Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Cancelled: Software Update Required

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No doubt you have had a bad experience. I can’t blame you for being fed up.

What are you planning to buy?

Not sure, the last 6-9 months have really been about getting ready to become part of the Tesla family, i was all in. I'd like an EV but not sure there are really any great options on the market, outside of Tesla. I will probably end up going the hybrid route but will have to research to find a good fit.

Its a gom if you can’t hit it without hypermilling

Teslas is not a GOM. Its simply EPA range.

Why not just ask for another VIN instead of purchasing another vehicle (or is that what the delay to march 23rd was? Stuff like this happens to new cars all the time (not just tesla). BMW has a whole "vehicle processing center" that cars go through when they are shipped from Germany, and Shipping damage etc is repaired there if needed.... and customers never know if their car was one that needed repairs or not.

I think there is some value like, if the damage is less than some percentage (10%?) they dont even have to tell you.

I know it sucks hearing that your new car might have needed some repairs, but that doesnt mean that every new tesla does. These boards can make someone feel like that, because they can become an echo chamber of people complaining about stuff. If I was you, I would just get a different vin number but not cancel all together unless you were not sure you wanted one in the first place.

Not sure, the last 6-9 months have really been about getting ready to become part of the Tesla family, i was all in. I'd like an EV but not sure there are really any great options on the market, outside of Tesla. I will probably end up going the hybrid route but will have to research to find a good fit.

If you were dead-set on the car I'd consider starting over and trying again. Tesla supply lines are pretty tight, so if it was determined that something was wrong with your vehicle that couldn't be easily fixed it's going to take them time to get you a new one - at this point by starting over you'll be getting in line for a new car that won't suffer from the same issue. It's unavoidable that some cars will be defective, but it's a good thing that Tesla respected the QA process rather than taking your money for a vehicle they knew had issues. Of course, taking your business elsewhere is an appropriate way to demonstrate your displeasure as a customer, but ultimately it sounds like a Tesla is what you want, not a competitor vehicle, so IMO just chalk it up to bad luck and spend that big chunk of money on the car you actually want to drive rather than settling on something you're less excited about. This all assuming you can afford to wait even longer.

Update:

I'll make this my final update and hope this tread is of value to those reading it. Delivery cancelled again and rescheduled for March 23. At this point, i've decided to cancel my order and purchase a different brand of vehicle. From what i've heard, the Tesla driving experience is amazing but it just feels like this isn't meant to be.
I definitely understand your frustration, and have read stories like yours. I ordered M3 LR AWD on 4/1/16 delivered on 9/20/18. 904 days total, still LOVE it. I think you should get back in it and get your M3. They’re a blast to drive, and I’ve ordered another M3P can’t wait. Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: usujason