Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery -couple days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to Pasadena store last sat. We placed the order right away. We applied the loan that night and get approval on Sunday. Monday we received email that scheduling delivery. We can pick up car on Tuesday.
I was expecting the car in 4-8 weeks as mentioned. This is way too fast.
Is it normal? would it be a car Simone reject delivery?

its the end of the quarter - you were fast, in person (not computer managed), close to the manufacturing plant (and could therefore take delivery quickly to count the revenue for this quarter), have your financing in place, and probably ordered a common configuration. You're a great addition to the quarter probably. Us schmucks in the midwest with an uncommon configuration will have to wait until Q3.

• Funny
Reactions: aburrows
its the end of the quarter - you were fast, in person (not computer managed), close to the manufacturing plant (and could therefore take delivery quickly to count the revenue for this quarter), have your financing in place, and probably ordered a common configuration. You're a great addition to the quarter probably. Us schmucks in the midwest with an uncommon configuration will have to wait until Q3.
Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: JavTPY

What schmucks we are!!! :D

• Funny
Reactions: AndersT
I went to Pasadena store last sat. We placed the order right away. We applied the loan that night and get approval on Sunday. Monday we received email that scheduling delivery. We can pick up car on Tuesday.
I was expecting the car in 4-8 weeks as mentioned. This is way too fast.
Is it normal? would it be a car Simone reject delivery?

wow! That IS quick. I ordered on 6/1 and picked up on 6/17. But you got me beat. Could be a reject because of Covid or economy rather than issues with the car.

Tesla got a LOT of cancellations because of financial fallout from Covid. Friends who work there wouldn't tell me how many, but "substantial." Given you can cancel your order all the way up until delivery day, Tesla was left with a lot of built cars and nobody to take them. They weren't even "rejected" by anyone, just canceled before they were even seen by a customer. So if you're getting a pretty "common" build, in a fairly populated area, with common interior/exterior colors and no extra options like a tow hitch, you can luck out and be matched with an existing car with a lower VIN within days of placing your order.

Reactions: Ba2yev