Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Clarification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey TMC Community,

Seeking clarification. Members are saying that they are either awaiting a delivery date or given a delivery date X days after ordering. When I ordered mine, it showed a little calendar with available dates and times where I selected one that worked for me (June 8th @ 10AM), I am wondering if this is just tentative and as that date approaches, if I can expect a more concrete date. Has the experience here been that these dates are accurate or not so much?

Hey TMC Community,

Seeking clarification. Members are saying that they are either awaiting a delivery date or given a delivery date X days after ordering. When I ordered mine, it showed a little calendar with available dates and times where I selected one that worked for me (June 8th @ 10AM), I am wondering if this is just tentative and as that date approaches, if I can expect a more concrete date. Has the experience here been that these dates are accurate or not so much?
Mine has been so far, though i don't have the car yet. Its set of the 30th at 2 and got a call today 48 hours out to confirm that will work.

Well I was asking OP but sure you could answer too... You and OP both seem to have seen some calendar when placing your order to schedule your delivery date...

I did not have that in March and I have never heard such a thing references on these forums..
I believe it was a few days after ordering, I was able to schedule my delivery. I live within 30 miles of the dealer so that might be different for you?

I was originally told they would tow it to me, last convo said they would drive it to me.

• Informative
Reactions: 413jreese
I believe it was a few days after ordering, I was able to schedule my delivery. I live within 30 miles of the dealer so that might be different for you?

I was originally told they would tow it to me, last convo said they would drive it to me.

Ok.... OP said it was at time of order placement.

When I originally placed my order in March, VIN was assigned within 2 hours and a delivery date was scheduled and a DA called me to talk about delivery. I said I wanted to wait until June so they released the VIN and now I'm waiting..

But I never saw a GUI on the webpage for scheduling delivery at any point.

So I was confused about the OP at time of order, and surprised you had it online as well a few days after order.

Also..technically no such thing as Tesla "dealers", right?... But I do live 24 miles from my delivery center..

Reactions: 413jreese
I didn't even think any Model 3s were made to order
I thought they were batch pocessed based on anticipated demand mix.
I could have phrased this differently, my salesperson had explained to me that they are no necessarily made to order, but outstanding orders are examined and factored into production. So while yes, they are made in batches, the pending orders in a way drive demand and quantity produced for these batches.

I cannot contain my excitement.