Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered my Model 3 Long Range AWD red with sport wheels on 10/16/2019. When I placed the order it says the delivery date would be 2 - 6 weeks. My account information says Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date

Are people seeing their delivery date being Nov or Dec on the account information and I should ignore that it says two weeks on mine?

Thanks

Same question my order was placed on Oct 15, it shows “Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date” , i talked to my SA they told me I should expect the car by Mid to Late November. Right now the upload your own insurance box disappeared and no VIN

Same question my order was placed on Oct 15, it shows “Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date” , i talked to my SA they told me I should expect the car by Mid to Late November. Right now the upload your own insurance box disappeared and no VIN
I just noticed that “upload your own insurance” disappeared too. Strange! Why did they bother removing it?

My car still says 2 weeks - but I know better, though all these different SA’s giving very different delivery estimates kind of shows that Tesla employees don’t really know what’s going on.

Tesla just recently updated their website to reflect the more realistic 6-8 week lead time. However, orders that were placed prior to the update will still show two weeks. The two weeks is not accurate as of current information. Cars being built currently are filling international orders only.

I just ordered my M3, uploaded all the documents. Obviously I don't have insurance yet for a car that isn't made. Which brings me to the next question and maybe I'm jumping ahead here but where does the VIN show up? I just ordered and I'm at the "drafting documents" stage. I was told 8-10 weeks for delivery.

I ordered my Model 3 L/R 19in wheels full self driving on 2 October. Dealer said six weeks to delivery. Order said two weeks. I have not received a VIN or any info about expected delivery date. Anyone know when they are going to produce cars for US. I live in Virginia.

Anyone know when they are going to produce cars for US.

This is the question which all answers really rely upon. If people are being issued VIN numbers now after a wait, then possibly Fremont has started producing for N. America again. Possibly. Either way, people need to post order date, order number (last 5 digits) and last part of VIN.

We still may be seeing stuff finally reaching destination from earlier this month. 2020 VIN numbers really don't mean much. Lots of companies have been selling 2020 cars for a very long time.

This is the question which all answers really rely upon. If people are being issued VIN numbers now after a wait, then possibly Fremont has started producing for N. America again. Possibly. Either way, people need to post order date, order number (last 5 digits) and last part of VIN.

We still may be seeing stuff finally reaching destination from earlier this month. 2020 VIN numbers really don't mean much. Lots of companies have been selling 2020 cars for a very long time.

This spreadsheet shows very few VINs in October (probably none manufactured in Oct)
Teslike Model 3 Survey #2

My assumption is that they are making new VINs for N/A. Reasons below:

1) Bloomberg last VINs through sept was 536,000
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
2) New VINs that showed up today were 536,00+
Teslike Model 3 Survey #2
I get your point. I think we need a bit more data before we can conclude anything. Bloomberg said that VINS are not perfectly sequential and we can only see a couple recent issues. If this goes on for the rest of the week, it should get faster and faster.

My order number for my 10/1 order was 630140 (I couldn't pick it up and lost it). I reordered on 10/11 and the order number was 652515 - or 22,000 orders later (in 11 days!). 11 days later (now), we are about 20,000 order numbers higher than my 10/11 order. That means to day, Tesla has taken 40,000 orders in October alone!

Lets assume that (20%) are S's and X's. That means 32,000 orders. We can safely assume about 20,000 orders unfulfilled in the US from September. That's 52,000 Model 3's to date, albeit some are foreign orders.

If ... Fremont is finally switching over to N. American cars now - they can make enough cars to cover what's been ordered to date - plus another 25,000 cars that will be ordered by the end of October (10 days at about 2500 a day). Total of September and October unfulfilled are about 80,000 cars. Adjust that to 65,000 USA cars.

So IF production changed over today - it is likely that anything from Nov. 1 on will not be fulfilled (or be a toss-up depending on cancellations - and my numbers are crude at best). Then again, that's what people have been suspecting. It kind of fits with "6-10 weeks for delivery after order."

So yes, I want to believe that production is finally switching over. If not, a lot of N. American customers will be SOL. But, again we are really speculating now. Then again, speculation is better than listening to the BS of a Tesla sales advisor.