Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Range for Canadian Production cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gents, any idea how to get a hold of Alex? Sent emails, called, left voicemail = no answer

my insurance company needs the Scotia bank address to issue my insurance contract
Also need to send him the Scotia bank form but there is no indication on how to send it (fax, email scan, paper copy,...)

PB,

The best way I found to reach him was to text message him to his cell phone #.

Let me know if you need it.

Milotron, Noon Wed March 20 pickup for me! Yippie Kay Yay! Probably see you off! :)

No others in TMC picking up out of the 12 slots I know of?

Congrats morristhecat! You will love it! There are apparently 3 here in the tri-cities but have only seen one of them. He got his on the Saturday before me and we parked nose to nose in the village here, boy we we surprised. Was just at the ground breaking last night at the Port Moody rec centre for new charging stations here in Port Moody. They are Sun Country stations but the city only sprang for 40's. But they are free and in 4 locations! Hope to see you around!

I picked up my car today. :)

First of all, driving this car is like a dream -- I'd driven it in Florida, but I had forgotten how truly otherworldly it is.

The pickup process was a total disaster -- more on that later.

Here's a horrible picture that I took while they were STILL applying the paint armor (two hours after my scheduled delivery time).

20130314_115449.jpg

They installed the wrong tires (Pirelli instead of Nokian) -- I still took the car, swap coming later.

I had a 5-minute walkthrough with Alex and really had to go.

This is after I went to the SAAQ with him to get my green plate.

I'll write more when I get a chance. :)

I picked up my car today. :)

First of all, driving this car is like a dream -- I'd driven it in Florida, but I had forgotten how truly otherworldly it is.

... snip ...

I'll write more when I get a chance. :)

Welcome back Zax, and congrats!

I've had mine since last friday, and must say that it's been nothing short of awesome.

You will forget the delivery niggles (at least partially!), but you will never forget the car.

Have fun!

:wink:

Welcome back Zax, and congrats!

I've had mine since last friday, and must say that it's been nothing short of awesome.

You will forget the delivery niggles (at least partially!), but you will never forget the car.

Have fun!

:wink:

Delivery niggles already forgotten! :) What an amazing machine. :)

I'm at home charging at 40A/245V on a NEMA 6-50... and it's doing 26km/hr. I thought it would be doing 50km/hr... The calculator on the TM site seems to indicate that and it kinda makes sense... am I completely outta whack?

I'm at home charging at 40A/245V on a NEMA 6-50... and it's doing 26km/hr. I thought it would be doing 50km/hr... The calculator on the TM site seems to indicate that and it kinda makes sense... am I completely outta whack?

Well yes.

But with regards to your question about charging :)biggrin:), that is similar to what I get here as well: 40A / 239V on NEMA 14-50 @ 27 km/hr. I sometimes get 30 km/hr (with display set to rated, not ideal).

Sorry to hear about the time you had to sit around. Not really a whole lot in that area from what I can recall. Hopefully they didn't rush your paint armor :frown:
Congrats though on finally getting your MS!

In other news, I just got an email from Jon in Toronto and apparently there is another batch of MSs on a truck to Toronto that should be there either tomorrow or Monday by the latest. My lady is on there too!!
He figures that after the PDI, detailing and registration, it'll be on it's way to Laval mid to end next week. I can't take this....

Delivery niggles already forgotten! :) What an amazing machine. :)

Re: your charging speed. I noticed that to. BUT, it really varies depending on how low your charge was. I drove mine to below 0 km the other night and plugged in on the nema, and it sucked 50km/hour! normally its about 30km/hour

Well yes.

But with regards to your question about charging :)biggrin:), that is similar to what I get here as well: 40A / 239V on NEMA 14-50 @ 27 km/hr. I sometimes get 30 km/hr (with display set to rated, not ideal).

Oh I know I'm outta whack! :)

But with respect to charging, ok a little bit of math...

Let's say in normal mode, our car has 420km of range? At 26km/hr that would take 16 hours to charge whereas the 40A (especially at 245V) is supposed to charge the car in 9 hours... so... what are we missing?

I just programmed homelink and it worked perfectly first time, no issues.

This car blows me away...

Oh I know I'm outta whack! :)

But with respect to charging, ok a little bit of math...

Let's say in normal mode, our car has 420km of range? At 26km/hr that would take 16 hours to charge whereas the 40A (especially at 245V) is supposed to charge the car in 9 hours... so... what are we missing?

I just programmed homelink and it worked perfectly first time, no issues.

This car blows me away...

On the second day, I switch the charging unit to KW and this is much better.

I can charge up to 10 KWh on the Nema 14-50 having 249 V at 40 A

on a 85 KWh pach it will never be more than 10 h from 0 to full. The km info is more scary than anything else.

Enjoy your car zax123! On sunday I'll celebrate 1 month ownership, and I'm still more than happy and have nothing to complain about... little issues are usually quickly solved, and benefit of having the car is HUGE !!! ( in fact i'm missing some vocabulary in English to use the right adjective in order to describe how good it is to own a Model S).

And by the waym 90 % of the people who had a ride in the car wants to buy one....

On the second day, I switch the charging unit to KW and this is much better.

I can charge up to 10 KWh on the Nema 14-50 having 249 V at 40 A

on a 85 KWh pach it will never be more than 10 h from 0 to full. The km info is more scary than anything else.

Enjoy your car zax123! On sunday I'll celebrate 1 month ownership, and I'm still more than happy and have nothing to complain about... little issues are usually quickly solved, and benefit of having the car is HUGE !!! ( in fact i'm missing some vocabulary in English to use the right adjective in order to describe how good it is to own a Model S).

And by the waym 90 % of the people who had a ride in the car wants to buy one....

SVP t'exprimer en francais toto! :) Un grand pourcentage de nos membres vont apprecier tes mots. :)

And yes, I think my car is charging to slowly... I'll try changing the charging "units" to kW instead of km/hr, but I don't see how that'll make it charge faster... thanks for the suggestion!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW: While at the Laval service center, I was only privy to seeing one other Model S (a black 85) with VIN 6092 with a scheduled delivery of Saturday... It still hadn't been detailed... don't know if it's anyone on the forum.

Zax, I keep my French for Slyastro's blog ( roulezelectrique.com) and make by best in English here in order to respect everyone. It's just more difficult to share entousiasm in English for me.

Good to se that there are more and more Model S in Quebec, so more and more peolple will be aware that driving an electric car is the futur. Too bad that Slyastro, Jeep and Clea almost disappear from the forum since they got their cars. I'm just wondering why ?:rolleyes: They probably felt in love with something...

Last edited:
Zax, I keep my French for Slyastro's blog ( roulezelectrique.com) and make by best in English here in order to respect everyone. It's just more difficult to share entousiasm in English for me.

Good to se that there are more and more Model S in Quebec, so more and more peolple will be aware that driving an electric car is the futur. Too bad that Slyastro, Jeep and Clea almost disappear from the forum since they got their cars. I'm just wondering why ?:rolleyes: They probably felt in love with something...

I'm still here! Just very busy with work, and enjoying my newly awesome commute. :wink:

Alex and I finally touched base late this week. My delivery will be at the end of next week (edited for Friday 5pm) at the Laval Service Center (Alex said: tous les lancements se font du Centre de Service). TM has all my info (I had to provide more info than I thought... I assume it is the very same process with a dealer, I just don't remember).

I decided not to trade-in my current car as it would be too complicated (as per some comments on the forum).

Getting closer and closer!

Last edited: