Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, I received my MVPA on 5/29. I live in Texas and was told that they wouldn't transport until the car is paid for. So on 6/1, I completed payment and received an acknowledgment from Tesla via email. I emailed about a delivery date and received the reply that it was tracking to be the last week of June. And as of now, I still don't see a delivery date on my website account.

Is it weird that I still don't have an official delivery date 3 days after paying for the car and uploading my insurance card? And that it is taking up to 30 days to deliver a car from California to Texas? I get that they want to maximize freight. But 30 days? At this point, I will make my first loan payment a couple of days after receiving the car and my insurance will already be a month old.

I'm in a similar boat. Also in Texas and got MVPA on the 5/29. I paid in cash that day and also uploaded my insurance. My delivery advisor still hasn't given me a official delivery day but the website says July 6th. I asked my advisor about it and he said that wasn't official. It is crazy to me that they take my money but don't know when I will get the car.

Guys, I received my MVPA on 5/29. I live in Texas and was told that they wouldn't transport until the car is paid for. So on 6/1, I completed payment and received an acknowledgment from Tesla via email. I emailed about a delivery date and received the reply that it was tracking to be the last week of June. And as of now, I still don't see a delivery date on my website account.

Is it weird that I still don't have an official delivery date 3 days after paying for the car and uploading my insurance card? And that it is taking up to 30 days to deliver a car from California to Texas? I get that they want to maximize freight. But 30 days? At this point, I will make my first loan payment a couple of days after receiving the car and my insurance will already be a month old.

Also in Texas and owned 4 Teslas, what you have described is normal. Texas requires car is paid for prior to delivery, delays in shipping are not unusual for high demand models.

Reactions: Chrisacorbett
My guess is that since June is the end of the quarter, that they have a lot more cars being delivered to Texas. And that makes it much more difficult to optimize the logistics. If they know that within a 30 day period they will have a full truck load going to a single SC, they probably are staging all of the manufactured cars until they have a complete shipment. I don't know anything about car freight. But this makes sense from what little logistics I know.