Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use the watch app “Remote” from the App Store. It is FANTASTIC! I have used it for more than a year. It is fully functional including: unlock the car, drive the without the phone or car key, adjust the battery charge limit, control HVAC, open trunk or frunk or charge port, etc.

My watch has a cellular connection so no phone required. I use it the most in my own garage when I’ve inadvertently left my phone in the charger. Most of the time I have my phone on my hip in its holster so I don’t often use Remote. But for the times I don’t have my phone with me—it’s REMOTE TO THE RESCUE! I also have great peace of mind that if my phone battery dies while I’m on a hike, Remote will save me.

I truly LOVE Remote!

My thoughts after the first 200 miles:

Driving dynamics - steering is dynamic and the throttle response is obviously unlike any ICE vehicle I’ve ever experienced.

One petal driving - took a few hours but love it

Tesla App - underrated, love not having to carry a bulky car key

Interior lighting and roof are nice touches - give an elevated feeling

Dislikes:

No sunglasses holder

No “oh *sugar*” bar

No carpet in the frunk

Other notes:

SpeedBoost is happening
AppleWatch should be a key

View attachment 540551 View attachment 540552
Hey great to see you on board - and as for the feelings all I can say is they just grow and grow daily until you think to yourself you need to buy another Tesla just to experience the next set of add-ons up the scale. The one 'petal' driving is utterly addictive and after 2 weeks you will get in an ICE and need to ask someone how it works and WTF are all these buttons for?

In the meantime I suggest inviting your OH over with a glass of bubbly and a cheeseboard to sit in the car this evening and put Tess into Romantic mode and just chill

Enjoy the future - it's right outside your house

Reactions: AhwatukeeDad
I use the watch app “Remote” from the App Store. It is FANTASTIC! I have used it for more than a year. It is fully functional including: unlock the car, drive the without the phone or car key, adjust the battery charge limit, control HVAC, open trunk or frunk or charge port, etc.

My watch has a cellular connection so no phone required. I use it the most in my own garage when I’ve inadvertently left my phone in the charger. Most of the time I have my phone on my hip in its holster so I don’t often use Remote. But for the times I don’t have my phone with me—it’s REMOTE TO THE RESCUE! I also have great peace of mind that if my phone battery dies while I’m on a hike, Remote will save me.

I truly LOVE Remote!

This is exactly what I’m looking for - any bugs with it so far? I’d like to be able to lock valuables (including phone) in my car and go for a run or hike using just my watch.

• Disagree
Reactions: TLLMRRJ

I truly LOVE Remote!
Is it quick, because I have EV Watch($1), Stats($10) and AutoMate($0.99) on my AppleWatch with cell connection and they're only really useful if I have time to wait.

You also have to make sure you have a cell connection where you've parked if on a hike.

I was thinking if we were going for a hike or something it would be nice to lock my phone and valuables in the car and unlock with just my watch
As noted in the other post, there are apps that will unlock your car from your AppleWatch, but you have to have a cell connection, so if you're hiking in some remote canyon, it can be spotty. I think it might be safer to have one of those rings made that has the rfid chip and antenna from your keycard embedded. Then you don't need to rely upon a spotty cell connection.

yeah, but what’s a wallet? I don’t understand the term...
When they mention Wallet, they are speaking of carrying the Chiped Card in their Wallet for times when they do not have their phone with them or they are out of range of a Cell Tower.

The Tesla phone App only works if the phone is able to send and receive Data. If you are out of Cell Range you could be in a situation where you could not activate the car unless you carried the chipped Card in your wallet.

It does not request a PIN unless you select that option.

Right - I have the option selected and when I access the car via my phone it prompts me for the PIN. This morning I moved my car after getting back from my run so I thought it was a good time to test the watch app which worked perfectly. The only thing I noticed was the PIN to drive was bypassed as if it wasn’t enabled. When I got in my car to go to work (using my phone as a key) I was prompted for my PIN.

• Disagree
I would think with the Phone that Tesla is assuming that your phone is locked when it is not in your possession.
Do you use Facial Recogition, Passord or Fingerprint to secure your phone? If so, then what is the issue?

My phone is locked when it is in my possession too including almost every time I get into my car.

I’m not suggesting there is any kind of issue with either app - I thought it was interesting they work differently.

• Disagree