Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery delayed due to paint issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was supposed to take delivery of my Model Y this Thursday. Got a call today from the SC letting me know that they caught a paint issue as part of the Quality Check. They have rescheduled delivery for next Wednesday so that they could fix it.

Did anyone go through a similar experience? Is this something I should be worried about? Anything I should be asking them before delivery?

Reactions: CleverUsername
Fairly common. Paint issues are the least of your worries.

I had paint work done on my Tesla and couldn't even tell it was "repaired." If you're really concerned you could ask your SA for pictures so you can keep your eyes open upon your delivery inspection

Reactions: Picasso
I was supposed to take delivery of my Model Y this Thursday. Got a call today from the SC letting me know that they caught a paint issue as part of the Quality Check. They have rescheduled delivery for next Wednesday so that they could fix it.

Did anyone go through a similar experience? Is this something I should be worried about? Anything I should be asking them before delivery?
Yes. I went through same thing in Cali. No problems, car was perfect.

Back in 2016, Tesla found a paint issue on the hatch of my first Model S when doing a pre-delivery inspection. At the time, they gave me the choice of taking delivery and having it fixed or waiting for it to be fixed first. I opted to take delivery. A few weeks later, I dropped the car off and they fixed the issue.