TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery Due Bill legal obligations?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ytwytw, Jul 12, 2019.

1. ytwytw

ytwytw Member

i got 18 S and lots of issues with the leather seat (wrinkle on passenger seat, and second row seat)

Of course some panel alignment and paint issues

Most of them are corrected later but the wrinkle seats are not gonna be fixed as they said they can’t fix it

The issue is on my due bill and I have searched the forum that some people got seat replaced and some got nothing.

Since the issue is on due bill, is tesla legally obligated to fix those issues for me? Or that’s just a piece of paper for decoration on my wall?

Thanks

2. StarLog

StarLog Supporting Member

Not sure how TSLA see's it, but on my previous VW GTI, that had a teat issue, they noted it on the delivery bill, and about 6 weeks later replaced it. I had to find time off of work to make it happen, they had the seat within 2 weeks.

3. Mark_T

Mark_T Member

What exactly does it say on the due bill?

Does it say they will fix it, or is it just a list of issues reported at the time?

4. ytwytw

ytwytw Member

It has a list of issues, they fixed some of the major ones but any thing related to the seat they did not fix

Got an appointment next wednesday, gonna bring the due bill in to see what service center gonna say.

5. Mark_T

Mark_T Member

Ideally I would have listed the issues and the planned fix,not just the issues as it leaves the resolution open to debate.

The due bill becomes a list of promises to be delivered, so just listing the issues alone doesn't really get you where you want to be...