Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Estimate Timeframe Shift?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on Oct 26th MX-LR-7Seat, White, FSD. Original estimate was Dec 6th - 31st. Yesterday it changed to Nov 19th - Dec 6th. Today it's showing Nov 20th - Dec 6th. So what I understood is that the earliest date is relative to today's date. I am sure tomorrow it will show Nov 21st - Dec 6th :)

Haven't received VIN yet or made payment, so expecting delivery in couple of weeks or so.

Per the SA at SC, if estimate is 4-6 weeks, then usually the delivery happens in 5 weeks. I took that with a grain of salt.

Ordered on Oct 26th MX-LR-7Seat, White, FSD. Original estimate was Dec 6th - 31st. Yesterday it changed to Nov 19th - Dec 6th. Today it's showing Nov 20th - Dec 6th. So what I understood is that the earliest date is relative to today's date. I am sure tomorrow it will show Nov 21st - Dec 6th :)

Haven't received VIN yet or made payment, so expecting delivery in couple of weeks or so.

Per the SA at SC, if estimate is 4-6 weeks, then usually the delivery happens in 5 weeks. I took that with a grain of salt.

i ordered the same configuration on November 18th and am picking it up on November 25th. My vehicle had a build date of November 12th. Must have been a cancellation. I am in Southern California so that must make a difference.

White/all-black LR+ 7 seat with 20's here, ordered 10/24, VIN assigned 11/17, delivery scheduled 12/2. My original delivery window of 12/5-12/31 never changed.

I'm in St. Louis so it's gonna be on a truck for a few days. It's supposed to actually hit the center 11/29 if anybody wants to steal it so I have an excuse to wait a bit longer for more demo/used deals to show up heh

I've noticed most of the STL cars that come off a transporter have a lot of paint protection film on them. I'm old enough to remember when Tesla was catching crap for not doing that on shipped cars. Fun to watch the two steps forward, one step sideways, one step back to the stone age of the company as it's matured into a teenager

Ordered on Oct 24th MX-LR-7Seat, Red, FSD. Original estimate was Dec 5th - 31st. Last Friday it changed to Nov 21st - Dec 5th. The early date has changed daily since then, but the late date remains the same. Financing approved but no VIN yet and my account still says they are drafting my contract (this hasn't changed since early Nov). This is my first Tesla - is this pretty typical?

I've got a LR+ Midnight Silver Metallic Six Seater w/FSD on order. I just checked a day or two ago and found out that I had a VIN assigned. I ordered the week FSD was going to go up... so mid October? Originally my delivery date was Dec 1-31st, but as of two days ago it was Dec 1-7. Still says Dec 1-7 for me.

I noticed 3 of us from Chicago area have posted. was your delivery moved to Dec 5th? Maybe they are coming on the same truck:cool:
After payment on 11/22 mine was showing estimated delivery between 11/30-12/6. On 11/23 it changed to 11/29-12/5.
At time of placing the order, the original estimate was 12/5-12/31.
I hope it doesn’t get delayed. (Fingers crossed)

I have not been asked to make payment - were you notified via text, or did you find out via the web?
Got Email on 11/21 to make final payment. VIN was mentioned on the account page.

I also spoke to the SA at SC who mentioned that he doesn’t have any view of where the car is (logistics are tracked by California HO). Said once the car arrives or is about to then an email/text will be sent to schedule pickup. SC takes some time to inspect all vehicles. He also mentioned that cars arrive almost everyday.