Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery flaw, scratch on inside of interior windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do. This is classic Tesla not wanting to pull any parts off the line, when immediate production numbers are all that matter for your very survival and you're even building in tents and need every last part. Also, just the staff required to pull it, box it, label it, and ship it, are tough to allocate, especially after the recent layoffs. This is also nothing new. When I brought my S into a Tesla approved body shop a couple of years ago, when production numbers were also an issue, the first thing I was told was to up my loss of use coverage because some Teslas had sat there for weeks on end waiting for parts and the loss of use coverage may be limited to less time than it takes to fix a Tesla.

Yes I get it. They need to become profitable somehow. Just hope their customer service pulls through as I will look to get into an S eventually as well. They have me sold on the product thats for sure!

Yes I get it. They need to become profitable somehow. Just hope their customer service pulls through as I will look to get into an S eventually as well. They have me sold on the product thats for sure!

And please don't get me wrong. I'm not one to complain about blemishes but put one in my line of sight and it drives me nuts. I've had a fair bit of rock chips given where I drive and any in the line of sight get replaced -- others get filled if they can be. So I understand how it can be a real bummer especially on a new Tesla. But that's just part of Tesla ownership and if you haven't experienced their growing pains yourself, you're not really part of the revolution. No pain, no gain, and all that other BS that hopefully will make you feel somewhat better. ;)