Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refused delivery’s due to windshield damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did I make the right choice? Yesterday 6/7/23 I refused delivery on my model 3. I noticed a chip/ slash scratch on the on the windshield. I pointed that out and they were able to determine this was actually in-between the double pane windshield. I was very disappointed as this was my first car purchase but feel that it will now take even longer to get my vehicle and I’m worried that I may not get my next vehicle at all due to how long it will take to get another one. Should I have just gotten this fixed by Tesla?

Sorry it’s not the same at other manufacturers/dealers. I’ve ordered cars from Lexus and BMW that were manufactured across the Pacific and Atlantic and all those cars came perfect and the dealer didn’t have time to fix anything since I could track it on the BMW app so I picked it up the same day the dealer received it with plastic and all.

My ‘22 plaid which I paid the inflated price had issues that were not from transport. They installed a broken interior door panel which took three months to fix and my rear door edge was scratched down to the metal all the way down and dents in the door jamb like someone pounded it with a hammer. That wouldn’t happen with traditional manufacturers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Read my posts. Basically customers are too anxious to pick up there cars, the cars stay on the lot for hours, vs classic dealerships 71 days, and they keep the delivery centers small and urban areas to save money.

And Tesla doesn't charge the "dealer prep"

You keep pushing this narrative which isn't true anymore. in Atlanta area, there are 100s of inventory Tesla cars available for immediate pickup. Heck, they have "unofficial" $5K price cut on all Model S cars now, if they kept cars on the lot for just hours, why would they need to do that?

Upvote 0
Do you have any source to back the claim that companies like Toyota/Lexus/Audi/BMW send dealers visibly defective/broken cars?
it isnt true anymore. they resolve before shipment mostly as per my friends who worked for dealerships years ago. Shipment damage is exceedingly rare, and qc is way better today. in the 80s/90s, tesla's current qc would have been considered world class, but today... not so much.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0