Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery in June/July?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you both for the info! I’ve heard from a lot of people on here that Tesla keep telling them different things, it’s a shame they feel the need to make things up and not just be honest with you. I think the fact we got a hidden VIN so quickly implies that it may be on a ship coming over and we got matched with inventory. Do you know if there is a number to call (apart from our SC again) who could actually tell us where the car is and if it is on a boat? If not it’ll just be a waiting game to see if it turns up before June. Thanks!

Iirc, the first indicator I had that I could rely on was an update on my VIN allied to confirmation of delivery dates in my account. That appeared to have been triggered by the relevant boat ejecting itself from the Panama Canal and heading towards the channel. It’s fair to point out that the drama didn’t stop then with, almost, daily updates on delivery schedule. I think I ended with 9 final invoices as the date varied by 18 days.

What I can say is the car is fantastic. Quirky, smooth, better handling and driving than I thought but probably too dear to buy a His since SO appears to have adopted it as Hers.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr Miserable
I think : why doesn't Elon just put the flipping Shipping Info on the My Tesla page, instead of wasting call centre people time answering "where's my car" questions ...

I mean ... offer @Mr Miserable a job already ...

Yes exactly, that would save everyone a lot of time, and them a lot of money! Just hoping this guy might actually know what he is talking about unlike the last person I spoke to. He said that it would be here mid-March if the VIN assigned doesn’t change.