Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery in Marina Del Rey today, after seven weeks of order shenanigans.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order was completely screwed up on Tesla's backend. There was no database object present for a delivery scheduler or delivery appointment to be assigned, though a VIN was assigned and had already been transported to my zip code. A helpful local store manager got this rectified for me on Tuesday and I was scheduled for delivery within a few hours. I opted to take delivery an hour away in Marina Del Rey, rather than go through the hassle and potential delay of having them move it back to the store down the street.

I arrived by rideshare twenty minutes early for my appointment. There were 20-30 plateless cars (maybe 75-80% 3s) in the lot outside of the DC building and plenty more visible through the doors in a staging area. Greeted right away by a receptionist, handed over to another employee to sign registration documents and hand over my payment, and was then walked over to my car by another team member while the gentleman who took my paperwork went to collect my temporary registration.

15 minutes later I was driving off the lot with a phone key, a diecast in my console cubby, and a beautiful blue Tesla with excellent fit and finish and no visible paint issues.

I then took a brilliantly fun and relaxing drive to work. On the 405. Through West LA. At 9 AM. On a weekday. If that isn't the rarest and most special thing about owning a Tesla, then they must stitch the seats with unicorn hair.

In summation: Hellish ordering experience, smooth and satisfactory delivery experience. Car is incredible and I'm loving it.

• Love
Reactions: LM-5 and P85_DA