Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Issue Any Recourse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had delivery set up for 23rd. Cancelled stating need parts for interior issue. Then the "hold." Now hold is done I call today and told have to push delivery back again. The reason...

Console lid needs a part. That's it. That's it! Are you kidding me!?!?!?!??!

So they won't release the car until it's fixed.
They refuse to let me take delivery and come back when part is in.

....and the best part is I get off with the manager and I'm told we've been trying for the past SIX DAYS to get the part and don't know when we're going to get it.

So let me get this straight? Basic interior part that has nothing to do with drivability or safety is holding up delivery of my Plaid and you don't know when you're getting the part and I'm forced to put insurance on the car and pay you up front and I don't have anything in hand.

As my first Tesla I swear this might be my last I'm already fed up and haven't got the car yet. Any way to move up past the local delivery center manager or a waste of my time?:mad::mad::mad:

Have you fully paid for it yet? That's probably the biggest factor.

Yeah, must be very frustrating. Perhaps decline delivery fully and asked to be matched to a new upcoming VIN in weeks ahead - otherwise waiting sounds like your best option as well right now.

First, never pay until you accept the car at delivery. You should be able to call the insurance company and tell them what is going on and you will call them when you have another delivery date. They won't charge you. Next, tell Tesla you will accept the car with damaged console they can fix after delivery, unless there are other issues they are not telling you about.

Have you fully paid for it yet? That's probably the biggest factor.

Yeah, must be very frustrating. Perhaps decline delivery fully and asked to be matched to a new upcoming VIN in weeks ahead - otherwise waiting sounds like your best option as well right now.

Yeah the website online to submit payment I did because we had a scheduled delivery date they now keep pushing back.
First, never pay until you accept the car at delivery. You should be able to call the insurance company and tell them what is going on and you will call them when you have another delivery date. They won't charge you. Next, tell Tesla you will accept the car with damaged console they can fix after delivery, unless there are other issues they are not telling you about.

I told the insurance company sounds like they're putting a hold on it.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Let me get this straight, you didn't wait like many of the rest of us, you took another "friend of a friend's" pre-order, you're getting a huge discount based on someone elses reservation, and now you're complaining you can't get the car yet? wow. suck it up :D

Yeah when I already paid them for the car and it's sitting there. I might as well have just sat here with an open $100 order and no VIN. This is complete BS. Told today now a computer issue can't deliver it until next week. I'm inching closer and closer to cancelling and if I do you want this allocation? Feels like I'm getting a lemon of a car.
You mind telling me how this worked. I tried to do the same and was told it wasn't possible.

The VIN and reservation number stays with the original person (aka I have to use their email for Tesla) to manage the reservation. All the car's documentation (title etc) has my name and whatnot on it. Once car is purchased they'll transfer the car to me in the tesla app.

Yeah when I already paid them for the car and it's sitting there. I might as well have just sat here with an open $100 order and no VIN. This is complete BS. Told today now a computer issue can't deliver it until next week. I'm inching closer and closer to cancelling and if I do you want this allocation? Feels like I'm getting a lemon of a car.
Sucks you paid for it already. But hold on tight. It'll be there in no time. Thanks for the offer tho :)
Next week sounds good though. Waiting since March sucks. My instant gratification self is kicking itself for getting white interior now lol. But I'm slowly just getting closer to whatever. I think I'm in that acceptance part of grief now lol.

From what I saw today when I got to sit in one, just wait it out and hurray you'll be driving it in no time. You'd have to have paid for it at some point anyways ha 😂

The VIN and reservation number stays with the original person (aka I have to use their email for Tesla) to manage the reservation. All the car's documentation (title etc) has my name and whatnot on it. Once car is purchased they'll transfer the car to me in the tesla app.

What are your exterior and interior colors and did you opt for the 21's? ;)

What are your exterior and interior colors and did you opt for the 21's? ;)

Silver outside
Black interior
21" wheels
FSD

Shoot me a PM where in Tampa you at? Only thing keeping my sanity with waiting is my other cars to drive until then (Gen 2 R8 & tuned RS7 Performance). Posted a welcome post and no one cared. Oh well haha. :p

Silver outside
Black interior
21" wheels
FSD

Shoot me a PM where in Tampa you at? Only thing keeping my sanity with waiting is my other cars to drive until then (Gen 2 R8 & tuned RS7 Performance). Posted a welcome post and no one cared. Oh well haha. :p

Right on! I'm currently in a Taycan 4S with the battery+ pack. Absolutely LOVE the car... sexy lines, high end fit/finish, drives and handles like a true Porsche. The software though is super buggy as hell... I mean really bad at the moment!

I'm up in Wesley Chapel and would love to meet up and check out your Plaid. I still don't have a delivery date and my only concern with the car is that yoke.

Right on! I'm currently in a Taycan 4S with the battery+ pack. Absolutely LOVE the car... sexy lines, high end fit/finish, drives and handles like a true Porsche. The software though is super buggy as hell... I mean really bad at the moment!

I'm up in Wesley Chapel and would love to meet up and check out your Plaid. I still don't have a delivery date and my only concern with the car is that yoke.
Bro, do i get a 4s cross turismo or a plaid? Lol..im going back and forth. Ughh

Reactions: theslimshadyist