Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Issues 33k Vin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you prepared to accept some of these "defects" as being "within spec" with your SC either not being able to fix them or refusing to fix them? Just know what you're going to be willing to live with and what will be a deal breaker. I take it you're within your 7 day return window?

Taillight alignment is a common issue, and while some owners have had their SC replace the lights or make adjustments to get them close enough, some other owners have reported their SCs have told them "all MY taillights look like that, so it's normal."

They said they can "take care of them" and were pretty vague. We will see. I hope they can all be fixed. The tail lights look like they were assembled by a monkey. I just got the car yesterday so BTW.
With Tesla service, you’re likely going to run of time before you’ll know. A lot more “within spec” after 7 days.

If you’re uncertain, return it. Wait a year and you’ll likely have a better product, for less.

Reactions: raggedy
The taillight alignment issues on the Y are ridiculous. My wife's model 3 has the same setup: part light on the trunk, part light on the body, and they line up just like they should. There is no way those being not aligned to eachother is "within spec", especially since the 3 and the Y are so similar in "design".

The fact that cars seem to still show up like this (and a few other things) is keeping me from ordering a Y right now.

I ordered near the end of February thinking it would be a year before I ever saw delivery. As we all know, the wait time for a MY has been down to one week for some buyers. My car was ready in June and I delayed it to this month.
When Tesla contacts me again, I’m going to delay again. I don’t have a need for another car right now and I’d rather get one that has some of the bugs worked out. If I could cancel and get my 100 back I would, but instead I’ll just sit on the sidelines until I’m ready to accept.
In the meantime I’ll drive my evil ICE cars.

OP, if you don’t have a need for the car right now I would return it. You’re going to end up compromising what you were expecting to get in your new car. The flaws you pointed may not all get fixed to your expectations. That’s my opinion based on other owners posting their experiences with Tesla and their “within spec” excuses.

Right now your only leverage to get things fixed to YOUR satisfaction vs. "it's within spec" is your 7 day return window. Once that window slams shut.. you're at the mercy of your SC. They could literally tell you every issue is "within spec" and you would have no recourse other then escalating your case to corporate (assuming you could actually find someone at Tesla with actual authority other than Elon).

Reactions: BlindPass