Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi and the new API

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone in the US having issues with this?

I found this thread in the UK forum and I am having similar issues despite tesla twice sending me emails saying I've granted access to TeslaFi.

I've done it and initially it wasn't showing the correct information but it fixed itself within an hour or two. What actual issue are you encountering?

We did it Tuesday morning and again this morning (over an hour ago) after getting prompted by email from Teslafi, saying there was no car associated with our account. Both times we received an email from tesla saying we had granted access to Teslafi.

In Teslafi, the car shows an out of date status. Charge is wrong. The HVAC settings in the car are wrong. Interior and exterior temps are wrong. What Teslafi is showing is the state the car was in after its last drive on Monday night and before it was plugged in (although it does say the car is charging now.)

Teslafi has not logged anything since the vehicle was plugged in on Monday night (i.e. before the token was updated.) And the end SOC on Monday night's drive is wrong. It says 12% but it was 9% and I happen to have taken a photo showing that. The NAV confidently said we'd arrive home with 14% so we didn't detour to a SC, then made it with just 9% by turning off the heat in the car for 70 km of the 110 km drive and averaging 80 kph on the 100 kph road (a safe low speed because it was the flow of traffic due to driving conditions).

Upvote 0
Glad you got the issue resolved. For me, TeslaFi worked correctly all along.
I'm glad I got it resolved too. My husband was pushing to install the latest update in case that was the problem, arguing maybe our car wasn't playing nice with the new API due to running an older version. I really want to put off the current update to force it to be downloaded via LTE, in order to figure out whether tesla will do so because this one includes a recall.

Upvote 0