Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery logistics hell: The car I'm receiving has been stored for month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The basics: 3/31/16 online reservationist, ordered my P3D- on 6/29/18, have been waiting for the car since then.

I just received my VIN today (960XX)

Thanks to a kind member who mentioned the following link in another thread, I was able to check to see if United Road transported my car anywhere (since I'm in the SF Bay Area, I was not expecting to find my car on their site)
Delivery Receipts - United Road

Quite to my surprise, it turns out there are two records for my car: The first is on 8/17 for shipment from the Tesla factory to the dirt lot in Lathrop, CA (the one in the aerial pictures a while ago). The second is on 9/12 for shipment from Lathrop to the Fremont delivery center (where I was scheduled for delivery on 9/23 - they just called today and offered me home delivery, which I've scheduled for 9/19).

Basically what this means is that a car that matches my order has been available since August, but Tesla wasn't able to figure out how to get it to me until now.

This is pretty concrete evidence of the delivery bottleneck that Elon's currently worried about.

Fingers crossed now that the home delivery will go smoothly.

I hear you and it terrifies me. The United records show my car was loaded onto a train on 08/07/18 and I'm finally receiving it tomorrow (Richmond, VA) after my delivery date went from 8/27 to 9/19. Hopefully, things will be better after September. My ISA's response times went from a few days to a few hours.

The basics: 3/31/16 online reservationist, ordered my P3D- on 6/29/18, have been waiting for the car since then.

Thanks to a kind member who mentioned the following link in another thread, I was able to check to see if United Road transported my car anywhere (since I'm in the SF Bay Area, I was not expecting to find my car on their site)

Quite to my surprise, it turns out there are two records for my car: The first is on 8/17 for shipment from the Tesla factory to the dirt lot in Lathrop, CA (the one in the aerial pictures a while ago). The second is on 9/12 for shipment from Lathrop to the Fremont delivery center (where I was scheduled for delivery on 9/23 - they just called today and offered me home delivery, which I've scheduled for 9/19).

Basically what this means is that a car that matches my order has been available since August, but Tesla wasn't able to figure out how to get it to me until now.

This is pretty concrete evidence of the delivery bottleneck that Elon's currently worried about.

Mine’s been in Lathrop for nearly 2 months.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden

I'm in a similar but different situation. I have a VIN # after I modified my order to white interior. However, I have no phone calls or email from anyone regarding delivery. I called customer service and was told no one or team is assigned to work on my delivery. I was told just be patient.
I checked the vin# and found the car was transported from Fremont to Antioch on 08/31/18. Today it transported from Antioch back to Fremont. And I live in the East Bay.
May be I should be glad that the car is not going all the way from Fremont to the East Coast and then get lost somewhere.
Now, I just hope I will hear soon from someone, anyone about delivery. Tesla should not waste the money sending cars around. Those money can be used to hire or trained more employees.

Tesla delivery stores are just not keeping up. Richmond Va has 70 cars sitting there. Jacksonville has 40. They only have ONE prep man.
Its insane, money sitting on lot. No one cares.
And Elon cant get them out of Fremont fast enough.

For now, they seem to be the kind of company that can deal with only one crisis at a time. When it was production crunch time, likely too few were concerned with what happened after the cars were out the door. Solving the problem proactively would have involved cash and delegted authority, both of which seem to be in short supply around Fremont.

I sincerely hope these are just growing-pain-type situations and they find a steady-enough state quickly. As it is, it looks like nothing gets done properly unless St Elon is personally involved and that points to a rather unpleasant future.

Reactions: neroden