Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery of VIN 026026 Built July 12th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took delivery of our LR AWD MY this morning. We were in/out in about an hour. Verdict - it's almost PERFECT
pn9jBxn.jpg

We accepted it and drove the 41 miles home. Here's what I found and reported and have a Ranger scheduled for Aug 5th.

FRUNK misaligned - one side is HIGHER then the other, or one side is LOWER than the other. Easy fix

Paint chip right front fender
BCkccmb.jpg

Coat hooks don't pop out when pressed
lZsV1Uu.jpg

Plastic cap missing from the drivers side wiper arm
JPqadRP.jpg

Left rear taillight sticks out a wee bit more than the right, but the charge port door is PERFECT. So I hope I don't mess that up
BLFeJ3b.jpg

Rear Seat to my eye is PERFECT
9V3GSEi.jpg

Door alignment - not bad
Drivers door
QH1mwog.jpg

left rear pax door
QH1mwog.jpg

Front pax door
MZwutO7.jpg

Right rear pax door
FqkAkyu.jpg

That's it the hatch operates and looks OK to me. There were NO paint issues NIB's etc. In fact, they did a pretty nice job of detailing it. Feels like they clayed it.

We couldn't be happier.

The phone app for scheduling service isn't very user friendly. It has some basic categories and was hard to report my issues, so I lumped them all into one category, attached 5 photo's and submitted it. I wonder if I need some mentoring on how to use it correctly.

Hope this helps others.

I bought mine on 01Jul2020 with VIN 015xxx. There are panel gaps, tail light gaps, not all will be rectified. The rear trunk door did not always close but now it does after few days of use. No paint issues. No performance / app issues. My only bad luck was that I bought the car $3k more expensive, but am taking it in the stride! However, one gripe was that the car was very "bumpy" / hard suspension on the road as compared to my Camry XLE but then I realized I had 45 psi cold pressure. Its now at 41 cold psi (recommended 42 but I just keep it a bit low) and the ride is much smoother, though not same as a Camry! But the higher ground clearance and higher seating does make me feel better. Always pros and cons with every car. Took it twice for a long ride to Joshua Tree National Park, once to Salton Sea at 119F outside temp, took it to several parks around my city. No issues with performance. Thanks to MY I am now re-discovering Southern California. Oh yes, one tip: I discovered my garage had guage 12 wires and 20 amp breaker, so installed 5-20 wall outlet and ordered 5-20 nema adapter from tesla website. The car now charges upto 7 miles an hour, so I need not connect it to the dryer outlet which is located at an inconvenient loacation at my home. I get about 85 miles charged overnight, which is more than enough for my daily run! Also I keep the car at 80% max charging and frequently charge the car, as I want to keep a low "depth of discharge" that should enable the battery to last 10-12 years or more with my usage.

Congrats. That's great news that your issues are minimal. The paint chip is the only one that bothers me.

How do your door's body lines lineup with the fender line where the cameras are? This area is also commonly mis-aligned.

I picked up mine yesterday as well, same birth day 7/12. Vin a couple hundred higher...I have the same fit issues on the rear panel by the charger/hatchback. Also had a lot of smudge marks on the ceiling fabric.

Attachments

• IMG_1350.JPG
    IMG_1350.JPG
    722.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 61772180290__9ADE6D24-D856-48CC-815A-10E1A8943432.JPG
    61772180290__9ADE6D24-D856-48CC-815A-10E1A8943432.JPG
    523.1 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for sharing, our blue LR was built on the same date with VIN 25,2XX. We are scheduled to pick up on Saturday.

EDIT: Mind sharing where you got your garage runner? We currently have about 3 old runners from the house down the middle of our garage. Its functional but time for something different.

Illinois Y?! What center did you pick it up at? I'm waiting for the same build. When did you order?

EDIT: Just saw your sig: "2020 Model Y LR AWD DBM/Black - Ordered June 29th, Built July 12th, Assigned VIN July 13th, Delivered July 28th"

Congrats. Hopefully soon for me :)

Thanks for sharing, our blue LR was built on the same date with VIN 25,2XX. We are scheduled to pick up on Saturday.

EDIT: Mind sharing where you got your garage runner? We currently have about 3 old runners from the house down the middle of our garage. Its functional but time for something different.

I bought it at Lowe’s. It’s sold by the foot ($5.50 I think). I needed 21” and it cost be about $115. But I did find something similar on Amazon for half that. I think it’s made by ArmorAll.

Reactions: imola.zhp
Illinois Y?! What center did you pick it up at? I'm waiting for the same build. When did you order?

Just saw your sig: "2020 Model Y LR AWD DBM/Black - Ordered June 29th, Built July 12th, Assigned VIN July 13th, Delivered July 28th"

Congrats. Hopefully soon for me :)

I ordered on line and took deliver over in the Chesterfield Service Center (just west of St Louis. They did a great job detailing it.

• Funny
Reactions: wws and Velcade