Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Problems

Has your delivery gone well?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
img_9979-jpg.205829
I just received my Model X yesterday and love the car but I am quite surprised how bad the delivery has gone. I live 5 hours from the nearest service center so they delivered the car to me. The delivery was done by a transport driver, so he didn't know anything about the car, but was very nice. I received no phone call from the "delivery team" confirming that I received the car. I placed a call to them with questions about the car, and still no call back. Additionally, the cars center console is broken and there is a pronounced wind noise from the drivers side door. I love the car, but I'm very concerned about the service. I used to think this direct sales was a good idea, but now I really wish I had a dealership to call and talk to. I'm not sure what to do!

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler
You're kind of stuck right in the middle, aren't you? Are you talking about the New Orleans SC? I don't know if you had heard, but there's a service center opening in Jacksonville this weekend. Of course, that looks like about 5 hours too, per Google. I've been happy with the sales people at the Jax store, but haven't experienced the service center yet. Given the circumstances of delivery without any orientation and the condition of the car, I would try to guilt them (nicely, but firmly) into coming to you with a loaner and picking up you car to take to service. You also might want to contact the Tesla 800 number directly. Other more seasoned owners here will have better advise on that. Just a thought.

Is this the LED screen console, or the cup holder console? If the computer screen, does this mean physically cracked, or that it won't turn on? If it is blank and won't turn on, depress both steering wheel thumbwheels simultaneously and hold until the Tesla symbol appears on the 17" screen.
It's actually the area where the USB pots are. The door is stuck closed with the portion of the door near the cup holders hitting this area so I cannot open the door to access the USBs.

Did you get resolution,
img_9979-jpg.205829
I just received my Model X yesterday and love the car but I am quite surprised how bad the delivery has gone. I live 5 hours from the nearest service center so they delivered the car to me. The delivery was done by a transport driver, so he didn't know anything about the car, but was very nice. I received no phone call from the "delivery team" confirming that I received the car. I placed a call to them with questions about the car, and still no call back. Additionally, the cars center console is broken and there is a pronounced wind noise from the drivers side door. I love the car, but I'm very concerned about the service. I used to think this direct sales was a good idea, but now I really wish I had a dealership to call and talk to. I'm not sure what to do!

Did you get resolution on your wind noise? I'm having the same issue with my new X that I picked up Friday...