Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Taken Yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New MY delivery accepted yesterday in Kansas City.

Even in the age of Covid and "touchless" pickup, it went as smoothly as any car purchase i've ever made. Paperwork was there waiting, trade in of my chevy volt was seamless...I wasn't at the store for more than 30 minutes, and most of that was me setting up the car.

We live in Lincoln, NE so proceeded to drive it the roughly 3 hours back home and it just handed it like a champ. I stopped for a supercharge in St Joseph, MO just to see what it was like and to make sure I had plenty of juice when I got home to drive neighbors around.

As so many others have said, Supercharging is what makes this all go so well...I had ZERO concerns driving back from KC because of that. Plugged in, went in to the HyVee grocery store and 30 minutes later we were just about topped off.

Made it home, installed the charger and ran into my only problem - reduced charging rate on my 14-50 outlet...read the forums, started to get a little nervous i'd have to call electrician back out and then came across a post about the same thing and learned you really have to shove that charge cable in hard. Did that and all was well - charging at 32 amps.

Autopilot was fun, regen is going to be a learning curve even coming from my Volt...but I couldn't be happier.

Car was darn near perfect. Coat hook on drivers side won't fully latch and sit flush.

Just waiting for my homeland kit to arrive today, then will schedule that appointment and see how long it takes.

Attachments

• IMG_2283.jpeg
    IMG_2283.jpeg
    634.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2285.jpeg
    IMG_2285.jpeg
    457.6 KB · Views: 106
Picked up in KC yesterday. Easy peasy, and the car was in perfect shape. The delivery team did identify 1 paint imperfection about an hour before we arrive (driving down from Omaha) but gave us the option to accept delivery and let Tesla setup the fix near us. Other than that, the car was in perfect condition, no major panel gaps or other things people have complained about. Rode soft and smooth all the way home. LR AWD w upgraded wheels (that are beautiful).

KC service center is very good, they will take very good care you and your car. I have never had a problem with them, going on 3+yrs. now.

I hear good things, yeah. I live in Lincoln, NE so i'll be doing mobile service or driving to council bluffs service center as needed.

I did buy the HomeLink add on and had it installed by mobile service - the tech showed up on time and did a fine job. Apparently he's local to Lincoln, NE - so I was very happy to hear that.