Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delta Inverters installed on Southern Facing Wall, voids manufacturers warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon, I just got my system installed and I have two delta 5.2 inverters. When the installing Tec came, the system plans stated installing the inverters onto the eastern facing side of my home. Due to my electrical box being on the southern side, they installed them there. The installer called his supervisor to O.K. the change and then proceeded to install them. When I Asked, he said that installing them on the southern facing side will void the manufacturer warranty but the Tesla warranty still applies if they fail. I’m sure this is the case but was it nessessary? Also, will my inverters perform as well or should I look to shade them? Will output be compromised if they get too hot with the sun? Thanks for any feedback... I’m a proud Model S owner as well. GO TESLA!

Last edited:
Probably couldn't hurt to shade them. Solar works best on a cool day. Hot days will produce less power. My Delta inverter is on my east facing wall so I don't have this issue but the panels still get weaker in hotter weather, so I can only imagine the inverter will do the same.

You might want to make sure you have all of these approved changes in writing since my understanding is it's expected for an inverter to fail within the 20-25 year warranty from Tesla.