Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Denver Airport Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings from Grand Junction, CO. For reasons too exhausting to explain, I have decided to drive to DIA and park my MX 100D for 9 days while on vacation. I need a vacation from the planning of this vacation... I thought I read somewhere that the long term parking at DIA might have charging available. Does anyone know? Or, I can fully charge before going to airport and then charge when I return, which would likely be fine at 20/miles/day loss of charge while parked.

Anyone have experience and can give some pointers? I want to avoid arriving in Denver to a dead battery this next week.

From flydenver.com

Denver International Airport has a total of 36 electric vehicle (EV) charging stations available close-in on Level 1 of the parking garages. The spaces have designated “Electric Vehicle Station” signs. There is no charge to use the stations, however, the standard garage parking rates apply. The station locations are listed below:

Parking Facility Charging Station Locations
GARAGE WEST, Level 1 Rows E, F, G
15 total Level 1 EV Charging Stations
10 total Level 2 EV Charging Stations

GARAGE EAST, Level 1 Rows E, F (5); Row R (6)
11 total Level 1 EV Charging Stations

61st and Peña Along the south and west sides
11 total Level 1 EV Charging Stations

My comments; when I have parked at DIA there were never any open chargers. I’d go with the assumption that there are no chargers available.

• Love
Reactions: vespax
Highly recommend charging before you park it obviously but then turn off sentry and overheat protection (just incase there’s a random heat wave), finally don’t open the app much at all to check the car.

We left my SR+ 3 at Park DIA for about 7 days and it was just fine. Parked at 70% and came back to it at 50% I think, this was 2019 so phantom drain was still a big thing.

Reactions: vespax
Thanks everyone. This is all really helpful. Will charge at Denver SC near airport and will leave car at 90% in the morning at a lot.

Yes, then hit it again when you return.

Never understood airport chargers.... when it finishes charging - it stops others from using till you get back. Denver is one of the few airports that have convenience of Tesla SpC's nearby in different directions.

Greetings from Grand Junction, CO. For reasons too exhausting to explain, I have decided to drive to DIA and park my MX 100D for 9 days while on vacation. I need a vacation from the planning of this vacation... I thought I read somewhere that the long term parking at DIA might have charging available. Does anyone know? Or, I can fully charge before going to airport and then charge when I return, which would likely be fine at 20/miles/day loss of charge while parked.

Anyone have experience and can give some pointers? I want to avoid arriving in Denver to a dead battery this next week.
FYI, the West garage is completely closed (at least last week it was). All parking is in the East lot. Found charger open in Row R but pretty far from terminal.

Never understood airport chargers.... when it finishes charging - it stops others from using till you get back.
Airports have long term parking. Nobody would ever expect cars to move after a day or two in a long term lot. The answer is the airport putting in lots of 120V 20A outlets, as there's no need for quick or semi-quick charging