Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Design & Body in White teams please...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Study the third generation Corvette. Note that in ‘68 & ‘69 the front fender and quarter panel where tucked under behind the tires just like my ‘20 M3. In ‘70 the Vette Redesign flared out the fender and quarter panel behind the tires. The reason was to eliminate abrasions, chips, dirt, etc. from harming the paint and to help keep the car cleaner. It a also looked better. There may or may not be a small aerodynamic impact but if so, a small compromise. If you haven’t already done so please give this some consideration For the future.

I just installed a set of aftermarket stick on/push pin splash guards and I’m not a big fan of these. I’m concerned about buildup of dirt behind them and abrasions from vibration and movement. I live in southern Florida where the roads and weather are kind to my car but I wish I didn’t have to rely on the aftermarket to address this issue.
Regards.

I just installed a set of aftermarket stick on/push pin splash guards and I’m not a big fan of these.
I’m concerned about buildup of dirt behind them and abrasions from vibration and movement.
I live in southern Florida where the roads and weather are kind to my car
but I wish I didn’t have to rely on the aftermarket to address this issue.
Could you include a pic? Which one did you install?