TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Design Studio options for Model X Wheels

Discussion in 'Model X' started by BryanJ, Sep 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BryanJ

BryanJ Member

I noticed the Signatures only come with the Silver wheels. Does anyone think the Model X won't have the same style options as MS? I'm hoping they include Grey Turbine.

2. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

#2 Mark Z, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    IMHO, I will guess it could be a supply issue since the wheel sizes are new for Tesla Motors. Perhaps someone with Photoshop will post some grey wheels on Model X for comparison. If you need photos in various colors from the Design Studio for Model X, scroll down in this article: Model X configurations begin three weeks before first deliveries - GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site

OT: In the same grouping, enjoy viewing the now incorrect "White Leather Seats" on this spec sheet of my 9/1 saved order: ModelX-2.jpg
    That is why the current version of the Design Studio for Model X should be the guiding light for configuration decisions.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Carbon fiber spoiler is gone as well now.

4. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

Hadn't noticed, thanks for pointing it out. I have read that the new rear spoiler rises automatically, perhaps it is standard equipment?

5. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I think the spoiler is standard, but I think Tesla made a mistake saying it would be CF. Likely a copy/paste from Model S in the rush to get it out.

6. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Probably right. I really can't see them putting a spoiler on the spoiler.

Yo dawg, I heard you liked spoilers.....

7. BryanJ

BryanJ Member

Bringing the discussion back to the wheels, i'd still like opinions on the style choices to be offered.

Also, has anyone put on aftermarket wheels on their Model S? I imagine the same companies will sell wheels for the MX.

8. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

It would be easy to paint or powder coat the OEM wheels

ModelX_4.jpg