Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination charging in Dallas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@taurusking

Thanks for the tips. I do prefer a North Dallas location and I'm just in town for the weekend. I was also hoping to spend $0 on destination charging :)

When I get there I was planning on placing a note in my windshield so another Tesla owner could text me if they need some juice. Hope others do the same!

there are many chargers around downtown/uptown dallas, two of the lower priced hotels are the mariott and aloft. in addition city hall has chargers as do many krogers and a couple of walgreens have chademo chargers. all found using plugshare. just saw you would like north dallas, dozens of chargers can be found around the north dallas area.

I stay at the NYLO in Las Colinas, they have 2 HPWC and 1 J1772. They are prone to ICEing around 6pm as the parking gets packed.... I have stayed there too many times to count. You do have to go inside when you check in and ask them to activate the chargers for you.
I stayed at the NYLO downtown, when I got there every single spot was taken up by ICE cars. I went inside and was going to tell them to I'm not staying anymore because of the charger situation and he was like oh, the employees park there, let me go see who to move. Goes outside to check comes back and says 'I moved MY car, you can go charge now.' -_-

Reactions: Model S M.D.
I stay at the NYLO in Las Colinas, they have 2 HPWC and 1 J1772. They are prone to ICEing around 6pm as the parking gets packed.... I have stayed there too many times to count. You do have to go inside when you check in and ask them to activate the chargers for you.
I stayed at the NYLO downtown, when I got there every single spot was taken up by ICE cars. I went inside and was going to tell them to I'm not staying anymore because of the charger situation and he was like oh, the employees park there, let me go see who to move. Goes outside to check comes back and says 'I moved MY car, you can go charge now.' -_-
you can look at it is an imperfect but effective way of holding the EV spot.

Thanks for the tip! Agree with @kort677 that, although unintended, at least it results in your spot being held for you. I'll try to call ahead to see if its ICE'd, but plan to do some chademo charging just in case.