Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination fee on a used MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the destination fee on a used MX purchased from Tesla?

On a new purchase there is a $1,125 destination fee and a $75 documentation fee. On a used purchase there could be a transportation fee (up to $2,500) if you buy one from another city. Do they charge both or does the transportation fee eliminate the destination fee? If it's already in your city do they charge a destination fee?

Destination fees are only for new vehicles in the United States. Used vehicles do not incur them as the fee applies to delivery of a new vehicle from the manufacturing factory to the end user, and a used vehicle was delivered when it was new.

There can be a transportation fee on a used vehicle if it's not in your region (you can bypass this by collecting the used vehicle at a nearby service center in some cases).

Destination fees are only for new vehicles in the United States. Used vehicles do not incur them as the fee applies to delivery of a new vehicle from the manufacturing factory to the end user, and a used vehicle was delivered when it was new.

There can be a transportation fee on a used vehicle if it's not in your region (you can bypass this by collecting the used vehicle at a nearby service center in some cases).
Thank you...

Yup, only new uses destination fees. Keep in mine, however, that with Used the transporation fee will vary based on how far you are from the vehicle. Mine said $2000 when I ordered but asked about it saying the car was in CA and I was in AZ and couldn't justify the cost, they bumped it down to $500. I am now seeing they are doing this ahead of time now.

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one