Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Detailed Review of Software Update 2018.48.12.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 doesn't have heated steering wheel yet, but Model S/X will support remote enabling of the heated steering wheel once version 3.8 of the Tesla App comes out. No idea why they release 2018.48.12.1 before 3.8 of the app was ready...

I got the app update today. Tesla probably submitted it to the Apple store which can take a few days to approve. But maybe in the future, they should hold the update back until the app is published in the App Store.

I would like the ability to schedule a “departure time” so the car starts warming the battery and the car for that departure time. (Or cooling based on temp.). Smart preconditioning isn’t the best.

Reactions: MrMannilow
I would like the ability to schedule a “departure time” so the car starts warming the battery and the car for that departure time. (Or cooling based on temp.). Smart preconditioning isn’t the best.

I thought I read somewhere a while back the calendar would be used for this kind of feature. And possibly summon it out of the garage?

I'd like the ability to have it as an option as I don't drive mine everyday but for those that do this would be very helpful

My update was from 2018.42.2.1. Finally my charge port is acting halfway normal instead of mostly ignoring presses and clicks from the charging handle.

What's troubling is that Autopilot isn't slowing down when it approaches a sharp curve on a secondary road any more. It just goes full bore and when it realizes it can't make it throws up its hands (literally) and disengages. Without intervention, this release will run off the road and hit a tree.

Is anyone NOT seeing Pole Position after 2018.48.12.1 update? Model S Hardware 2.0

That was the game I was looking most forward to in TeslAtari
Me too! I think it does not show up on S & X unless the car has HW 2.5 or newer. Isn’t get it on mine or my friend's HW 2.0.
It looks like the Logitech USB controller doesn’t work on HW 2 also. I’ll check the controller on my nephew's Model 3 later today.

Me too! I think it does not show up on S & X unless the car has HW 2.5 or newer. Isn’t get it on mine or my friend's HW 2.0.
It looks like the Logitech USB controller doesn’t work on HW 2 also. I’ll check the controller on my nephew's Model 3 later today.
Logitech USB controller does work on a Model 3. No love for HW2 hardware :-(