Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Devonshire Research Short Tesla Motors Inc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"TSLA’s use of tax credits disproportionately benefits the wealthy at the expense of the average taxpayer"

Thank you for this careful debunking.

Maybe it's too obvious, still I will add that the tax credits are actually introduced by a government elected in a reasonably democratic fashion and that any company is invited to take advantage of this policy.

I mention it because some media try to spin the fact that Elon Musk's companies play along with the rules into something negative, while Musk is in fact just enabling the government to reach its goals. Such as reducing the country's dependence on oil, a resource which has been the justification for exceedingly expensive wars, to the detriment not only of "the average taxpayer" but also the veterans who are told to just imagine they are at Disneyland while waiting for treatment (not to mention those countless people abroad with war inflicted upon them). Or such as making the USA's access to space independent on technology delivered by another warmongering country, now to be wittnessed in about 1.5 hours :). Talk about government spending that has paid off well - and that any one had the right to ask for.

Devonshire's slide deck:

Devonshire Research Group - Tesla Motors

Avenger, is that you? There seems to be an unhealthy obsession with Tesla's import volume by weight and motor parts.

There's a lot of time and research done in that slide deck... too bad it's almost all wrong headed. Pull the wrong comps, overly emphasize IP patents, completely blow the understanding of Tesla'a strategic and tactical advantages, go off into the weeds with the weight of imports and Fukuta motor parts, and then finally, have a complete brain meltdown over the environmental impact of EVs, as well as battery constituent impacts of cobalt and lithium.

Anyone that actually believes this crap deserves to lose their money.
No I am not involved with Devonshire . Eventually the truth gets out and everyone will understand that the Tesla drive train is from Fukuta.

No I am not involved with Devonshire . Eventually the truth gets out and everyone will understand that the Tesla drive train is from Fukuta.
Too bad I'll never find out why they think that Fukuta is such a bad thing. Why people will freak out if they just knew that this company nobody outside of this board has ever heard of made motors for Tesla (which has been pointed out this is not true).