Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Devoted Teslonian now developing a resentment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMO..

Tesla knows that they are at least semi-wrong for this because they are giving some negligible thing in return....that costs them absolutely NOTHING in return. EAP.

Thy wouldn't give anything if they just thought they were in the right. Like dropping the price of the cars....they don't think that's wrong...and so they are giving nothing in return to those who purchased even the day before. I can see that....I get that.....its just bad timing. I sucked that up just fine. no comment.

But this? This is just insulting.

Tesla slashes prices of Autopilot and Full Self-Driving upgrades

Tesla - you aren't offering anything near the equivalent of the loss.

And if you think about it: There just can't be that many people who purchased FSD up until now - what would be the tradgedy of a multi billion dollar company refunding the difference?

I think Elon could go in his sock drawer and have enough to refund all of us the difference between what we paid and what it is now....with billions leftover.

Reactions: VT_EE
Now...FSD debacle. I paid 5K plus 3K. Now it is 3K plus 2K...

Pricing when I ordered my 3 back in April was:

• $5K - Autopilot
  • $3K - Full Self Driving
for a total of $8K.

Pricing is now:
  • $3K - Autopilot
  • $5K - Full Self Driving
When you check FSD, Autopilot also gets checked. Just below the FSD checkbox is Requires Autopilot.

So total is still $8K if you want FSD.

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 8.46.16 AM.png

What changed is a bunch of things included with Autopilot have been shifted to FSD:
  • Navigate on Autopilot on the highway
  • Autopark
  • Summon
  • Advanced Summon
So people who bought Autopilot at $5K get more features than the ones buying it now at $3K.
Troy Teslike did up this difference chart:

D0jAZZMWoAAlpOi.jpg-large.jpeg

• $5K - Autopilot
for a total of $8K.

Pricing is now:
  • $3K - Autopilot

When you check FSD, Autopilot also gets checked. Just below the FSD checkbox is Requires Autopilot.

View attachment 382205

What changed is a bunch of things included with Autopilot have been shifted to FSD:
  • Autopark
  • Summon
  • Advanced Summon
So people who bought Autopilot at $5K get more features than the ones buying it now at $3K.

View attachment 382217
Incorrect.

Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

Any customer who bought a Tesla prior to this week’s price adjustment will be able to upgrade to Autopilot for $2,000 or Full Self-Driving capability for an additional $3,000. In other words, for a customer who previously hadn’t purchased Autopilot plus Full Self-Driving, they will soon be able to do so for $6,000 less than before

• $5K - Autopilot
for a total of $8K.

Pricing is now:
  • $3K - Autopilot

View attachment 382205

• Autopark
  • Summon
  • Advanced Summon

View attachment 382217
This only applies to new vehicles. If you purchased your vehicle before the recent price changes and DID NOT buy EAP or FSD, you can get both added now for $5k.

I literally just took the Autopilot & FSD screenshot from Tesla's order page.

Well then their order page disagrees with this page of theirs... built yesterday. Which one will you believe?

Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

Any customer who bought a Tesla prior to this week’s price adjustment will be able to upgrade to Autopilot for $2,000 or Full Self-Driving capability for an additional $3,000. In other words, for a customer who previously hadn’t purchased Autopilot plus Full Self-Driving, they will soon be able to do so for $6,000 less than before

• $5K - Autopilot
for a total of $8K.

Pricing is now:
  • $3K - Autopilot

View attachment 382205

• Autopark
  • Summon
  • Advanced Summon

View attachment 382217
Hey ...LOL I said 8K first and then was corrected on Electrek. You did the legwork so I'm going with yours. My wife will be less angry

The problem here is they are slashing the price on a feature that is not yet delivered. We should be getting a refund for $3k. I am also in the EAP already and haven’t gotten any updates outside of the general rollouts.

Well, how do you reconcile the HW3 and HW2.5 cost into that? When you got EAP + FSD it came with HW2.5. Somewhere down the line, they realized they needed something more powerful and developed HW3. Then they said they would upgrade everyone to HW3. What if the cars coming of the line today already have HW3?

Well, how do you reconcile the HW3 and HW2.5 cost into that? When you got EAP + FSD it came with HW2.5. Somewhere down the line, they realized they needed something more powerful and developed HW3. Then they said they would upgrade everyone to HW3. What if the cars coming of the line today already have HW3?

What this means is that everyone who purchased FSD prior to this week - already paid full price for HW3.

Anybody who bought a Tesla last year and DID NOT buy EAP and FSD, can pay $5k for both now and will also get the HW3. Essentially, I paid $3k for a feature that has yet to be delivered that I would not have to pay for now.

Its clear to me.

I paid more for FSD (that doesn't exist) than someone else who paid for FSD (that does not exist).

They aren't changing the price of something that exists - that I have had an opportunity to enjoy - even for a short time.

LOL...when you think about it that way...it's pretty funny. Now add the Double helping of free early access program that is graciously being bestowed to those who were overcharged for FSD and are already members of the early access program, and you really have to ...well... get intoxicated

Reactions: C141medic
Tesla has been cutting prices by cutting costs.
Things were more expensive than they are now. Tesla is doing a special offer on AP and FSD to get some cash to replace cash from the note they just paid off.
Thank you for helping Tesla not go bankrupt so I and others like me who were waiting for the SR will be able to buy one.

Plan is to order a blue SR Plus once the weather breaks, so I'll not have to put snow tires on and take them off a couple of weeks later. I hope it will then be delivered and inspected before June 30th so I can get $3.75k tax credit instead of $1.875k.

Reactions: dhrivnak and RyanT
Tesla has been cutting prices by cutting costs.
Things were more expensive than they are now. Tesla is doing a special offer on AP and FSD to get some cash to replace cash from the note they just paid off.
Thank you for helping Tesla not go bankrupt so I and others like me who were waiting for the SR will be able to buy one.

Plan is to order a blue SR Plus once the weather breaks, so I'll not have to put snow tires on and take them off a couple of weeks later. I hope it will then be delivered and inspected before June 30th so I can get $3.75k tax credit instead of $1.875k.

The cost of FSD used to cost Tesla more than it does now?

You are going to make that statement?

• Funny
Reactions: Jbailey
Early Tesla adopters have never seen this...not with Tesla...early adopters have gotten headaches from defects that were later corrected, or had to tolerate hardware improvements that they could have had...but never have early adopters had to stomach inflated costs that corrected just a few months later. You are confusing Tesla with other car or tech companies

Hang-on you decided that those "inflated" costs were worth paying for the car. Specifically regarding FSD, I could never honestly see any point in paying for something up front that didn't exist at the time and that I thought was undeliverable over the lifetime of my car. I agree it's bordering on criminality to offer such a feature that doesn't exist in anything like the form of its descriptive name.

But the sudden drop in price, however unexpected and painful for recent buyers, is not that unusual with new tech as production volumes ramp up. As you state, early Tesla adopters might not have suffered in this way up until now, but the scale of M3 production ramp up is on another level entirely from the relatively stable S/X production over the last few years. Also now anyone who recently bought a Model S/X P100D is going to feel the pain of a truly enormous price reduction. Things change and pretty rapidly in this case. It's not every day that you see a relatively new major tech like EV suddenly go mainstream, with other manufacturers on the verge of launching their own competing models. Tesla are clearly going to war with their pricing to stay in the game. I'm sure it will all settle down in time, but right now it's a pretty volatile market.

Hang-on you decided that those "inflated" costs were worth paying for the car. Specifically regarding FSD, I could never honestly see any point in paying for something up front that didn't exist at the time and that I thought was undeliverable over the lifetime of my car. I agree it's bordering on criminality to offer such a feature that doesn't exist in anything like the form of its descriptive name.

Hang-on. I decided to purchase FSD in the beginning because there was a definite threat that it was going to cost MORE if I didn't purchase it AT THAT TIME. Which is the same thing they are saying today. "If you don't get it NOW then it will be MORE expensive later".

That has turned out to be a "non truth"

It has turned out to cost LESS.

The price has changed without them producing a single feature that anyone can use.