Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Devoted Teslonian now developing a resentment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You really don't get it. They are related. Tesla lowered the price of FSD and AP to make up for the fact that new owners will get $2250 discounts. That's why new buyers won't get the special $5000 price. That's why Tesla was giving away AP or FSD upgrades for free to 2019 owners. It all goes back to the $2250 discount.

Are you sitting in an ICE car with exhaust fumes comin in?

• Funny
Reactions: Big City
I see it happening. I'm posting less...reading posts less...letting podcast slide. I don't rant much but need to get this out there.

Here's why:

I bought the Model 3 performance version with every available option including full self driving in September. I sold my beloved Model S at an incredible loss to do this. 2 years prior to this, I also took off a day of work, waited in line 2 years and gave Tesla an interest free deposit for the privilege

The incentive was "free supercharging" as well as the tax credit.

Then the 5K debacle . 5K or give up the full self driving. I inquired about it and received an email from Tesla that I could get 5K back AND still keep the full self driving incentive. I thanked them and told them where to send the check. Nothing ever arrived. I emailed them 2 months later and they told me the initial email (i'll be happy to copy and paste it) was a mistake and now it was one or the other. In my business I back up my word. Even if the initial Tesla rep made a mistake, they should have followed through with it. Getting a customers hopes all up and then dashing them is wrong. I kept the free supercharging...dumb financially but I had it with my S (only 2k or so then) and had gotten use to it.

Next...Early access program. Sworn to secrecy or they take it back, well I am not revealing software update secrets...just that it is not what I thought it would be. I guess if they want to take it back. then take it back. I got nav on autopilot a couple of weeks early. When track mode came out, I was one of the last to receive it. Dog/Sentry mode...still have not received it. I see no benefit. I sent an e-mail to Tesla as nothing whatsoever has happened since the nav on autopilot download asking them if I something more should be happening and to verify if I was actually on the EAP list or had been dropped by mistake...after all mistakes happen as evidenced by the false 5K refund offer while keeping the free charging....crickets...not even a response.

Now...FSD debacle. I paid 5K plus 3K. Now it is 3K plus 2K...bam another 3K wasted...now we are up to 8K but there have been other reductions 3.5 K more....now up to 11.5 K...but Elon Tweated that those who overpaid for FSD could be in the early access program as consolation. As mentioned many of us are already in the program, so giving it to us again is not a consolation and all I can say it it's not what I thought it would be. Nav on autopilot 2 weeks early many months ago but that's it...not given a single early update since and I am Irked that I cant even get a response from Tesla.

So paid 11.5 K more...been lied to in an official email since they did not back up their offer of keeping Free SC and 5K which would have been fair...not just to me since they offered this...but to everybody who overpaid, and bought early secondary to free SC incentive. Furthermore Elon's offer of early access to those who plunked down thousands up front for full self driving does not take into account the 2000 or so of us who are already in the program that seems to be of little value anyways. If you think that you will receive updates early, you will be very disappointed. In fact if you even believe emails about it will be answered, you will be disappointed.

Not to mention that fictitious spoiler and badging that I paid for up front (back in the day it wasn't included for free) and have pretty much given up on.
Yep, they're is absolutely no reason to make an amazing deal for people who didn't support the project early on and punish those that did.

Very disappointed in this trsla and the garbage they come up with to squeeze more money out of everyone. Also sad to see how they treat different groups of customers. Great FSD will be only 2k more now for most, but that's 2k more than other early adopters have to pay. And it's a straight up slap in the face for people who bought both early on.

I think early FSD purchasers should band together and request a full refund.

Owners don't like the instant depreciation hit they get when Tesla lowers their prices. Owners will now recommend against buying Tesla because the company is not considerate to people who have already paid for their products. Simple as that. Not complicated.
That is not the issue at all you are missing the point entirely.

one thing I like to know for sure, I bought EAP for 5000.00, I did not buy FSD for 3000.00, on a new 2017 MS75, do I get the advance summon upgrade without buying FSD for 2000.00, I do have NOA, and auto park, and all the upgrades on AP, If I buy FSD for 2000.00, does that come with the HW3 upgrade also, or do I pay for for that later on.

Reactions: Runnergirl
I see it happening. I'm posting less...reading posts less...letting podcast slide. I don't rant much but need to get this out there.

Here's why:

I bought the Model 3 performance version with every available option including full self driving in September. I sold my beloved Model S at an incredible loss to do this. 2 years prior to this, I also took off a day of work, waited in line 2 years and gave Tesla an interest free deposit for the privilege

The incentive was "free supercharging" as well as the tax credit.

Then the 5K debacle . 5K or give up the full self driving. I inquired about it and received an email from Tesla that I could get 5K back AND still keep the full self driving incentive. I thanked them and told them where to send the check. Nothing ever arrived. I emailed them 2 months later and they told me the initial email (i'll be happy to copy and paste it) was a mistake and now it was one or the other. In my business I back up my word. Even if the initial Tesla rep made a mistake, they should have followed through with it. Getting a customers hopes all up and then dashing them is wrong. I kept the free supercharging...dumb financially but I had it with my S (only 2k or so then) and had gotten use to it.

Next...Early access program. Sworn to secrecy or they take it back, well I am not revealing software update secrets...just that it is not what I thought it would be. I guess if they want to take it back. then take it back. I got nav on autopilot a couple of weeks early. When track mode came out, I was one of the last to receive it. Dog/Sentry mode...still have not received it. I see no benefit. I sent an e-mail to Tesla as nothing whatsoever has happened since the nav on autopilot download asking them if I something more should be happening and to verify if I was actually on the EAP list or had been dropped by mistake...after all mistakes happen as evidenced by the false 5K refund offer while keeping the free charging....crickets...not even a response.

Now...FSD debacle. I paid 5K plus 3K. Now it is 3K plus 2K...bam another 3K wasted...now we are up to 8K but there have been other reductions 3.5 K more....now up to 11.5 K...but Elon Tweated that those who overpaid for FSD could be in the early access program as consolation. As mentioned many of us are already in the program, so giving it to us again is not a consolation and all I can say it it's not what I thought it would be. Nav on autopilot 2 weeks early many months ago but that's it...not given a single early update since and I am Irked that I cant even get a response from Tesla.

So paid 11.5 K more...been lied to in an official email since they did not back up their offer of keeping Free SC and 5K which would have been fair...not just to me since they offered this...but to everybody who overpaid, and bought early secondary to free SC incentive. Furthermore Elon's offer of early access to those who plunked down thousands up front for full self driving does not take into account the 2000 or so of us who are already in the program that seems to be of little value anyways. If you think that you will receive updates early, you will be very disappointed. In fact if you even believe emails about it will be answered, you will be disappointed.

Not to mention that fictitious spoiler and badging that I paid for up front (back in the day it wasn't included for free) and have pretty much given up on.
You sir have legitimate claims. Too bad they get drowned out by so much of the other posts around here.

I agree 100% on the Early Access Program. COMPLETE joke. Any idea how to bail on it (asking for a friend)?

Yep, they're is absolutely no reason to make an amazing deal for people who didn't support the project early on and punish those that did.

Very disappointed in this trsla and the garbage they come up with to squeeze more money out of everyone. Also sad to see how they treat different groups of customers. Great FSD will be only 2k more now for most, but that's 2k more than other early adopters have to pay. And it's a straight up slap in the face for people who bought both early on.

They won't give a refund. They are cash strapped. Wish they would offer something better than early access program. Maybe a 1.5-2k discount on extended warranty?

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
one thing I like to know for sure, I bought EAP for 5000.00, I did not buy FSD for 3000.00, on a new 2017 MS75, do I get the advance summon upgrade without buying FSD for 2000.00, I do have NOA, and auto park, and all the upgrades on AP, If I buy FSD for 2000.00, does that come with the HW3 upgrade also, or do I pay for for that later on.

Hmmmm….all good questions. You might want to call Tesla Customer Service - after a week - and ask.

Reactions: Runnergirl

you do realize that if you buy AP today, it's not the same as having EAP that we have? it's not gonna have auto steering and navigate on autopilot. Instead those buying today have to get AP+FSD to get all those features that we currently have with just EAP. so they actually have to pay 8K upfront to get all the features that we are getting today for 5K. So why are you complaining? do you want to get a refund and remove those features like NOA auto steering? cause then you have to pay 8K to get them back

I'd certainly like to have paid less for my P3D+ back in August, but when I run the numbers, and monetize the 3 referral awards, then I'm actually coming out $2k+ ahead. Could be greater, but I only managed 3 referrals. Remove all referrals, and I'm almost $3k behind.
Included: Tax credit, P3D+ refund, Tax delta (new/old pricing), referral awards, doc fee delta.
Excluded: finance rates (higher now), local incentives, EAP/AP/FSD (didn't buy, don't care), 6 months joy of driving.

you do realize that if you buy AP today, it's not the same as having EAP that we have? it's not gonna have auto steering and navigate on autopilot. Instead those buying today have to get AP+FSD to get all those features that we currently have with just EAP. so they actually have to pay 8K upfront to get all the features that we are getting today for 5K. So why are you complaining? do you want to get a refund and remove those features like NOA auto steering? cause then you have to pay 8K to get them back

Earlier on FSD+EAP = $8K
Now FSD+EAP = $5K

Both packages contain the same features. That's the issue.

Last edited:
Long time Tesla supporter/customer here. Very pissed that we paid 3k for something that was never delivered and is essentially now included for 1000 less. Would gladly join a class action if one begins to get refunded. EAP is no consolation.

Im reading Elon's 1k back tweet as not applicable to us in this situation.

Reactions: C141medic
incorrect, go to Tesla's website and I order a M3 with AP+FSD (AP is 3 and FSD is 5). And AP is not the same as EAP that we have. It's very limited. Where did you get the 5K from?
$5K is the new AP+FSD pricing for people who took delivery of their car prior to the February 28 price reductions on all Model 3 configurations without EAP or FSD. Additionally, people who bought EAP prior to February 28 can add FSD for $2K (after Tesla updates their web site).

Last edited:
incorrect, go to Tesla's website and I order a M3 with AP+FSD (AP is 3 and FSD is 5). And AP is not the same as EAP that we have. It's very limited. Where did you get the 5K from?

Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

Any customer who bought a Tesla prior to this week’s price adjustment will be able to upgrade to Autopilot for $2,000 or Full Self-Driving capability for an additional $3,000. In other words, for a customer who previously hadn’t purchased Autopilot plus Full Self-Driving, they will soon be able to do so for $6,000 less than before.

Long time Tesla supporter/customer here. Very pissed that we paid 3k for something that was never delivered and is essentially now included for 1000 less. Would gladly join a class action if one begins to get refunded. EAP is no consolation.

Im reading Elon's 1k back tweet as not applicable to us in this situation.

Class action because Tesla reduced their prices? whats your claim here? Tesla clearly stated for FSD package it would be features would in the future without giving any timeline and stating pending approvals. You took the risk and paid upfront. Most people took the risk of waiting to purchase it when it becomes available and closer to availability. Now it's cheaper. In a year when the company becomes stronger financially, they may raise the prices again. They need the cash now big time thats why they are lowering prices to bring in more money to save the company from going bankrupt. The value of your car will be zero if Tesla goes bankrupt

Reactions: Seven7
Class action because Tesla reduced their prices? whats your claim here? Tesla clearly stated for FSD package it would be features would in the future without giving any timeline and stating pending approvals. You took the risk and paid upfront. Most people took the risk of waiting to purchase it when it becomes available and closer to availability. Now it's cheaper. In a year when the company becomes stronger financially, they may raise the prices again. They need the cash now big time thats why they are lowering prices to bring in more money to save the company from going bankrupt. The value of your car will be zero if Tesla goes bankrupt

Tesla promised that the price of FSD would go up after we purchased the car. So - get it NOW.

It didn't. The price went down.

Still isn't available.

Imagine if they had the internet back then.. :p
305631.jpg