Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Devoted Teslonian now developing a resentment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My company is working on a system that will allow your Tesla to fly. It will be available sometime in the future. If you want it, send me $10K and when it's ready I'll activate your car. PayPal.me/Mattjs33

Forgetting all the nonsense about price changes and the alphabet soup of option packages that Tesla foists upon everyone...

Who here genuinely thought Tesla would be able to release a Full Self Driving system on any currently extant Tesla car with the hardware as currently fitted? I see the Waymo test cars and Cruise and all the others, and with the suite of sensors on top and everything they have going on with those cars, what Tesla has on their cars simply does not pass the eye test of being anywhere near sufficient. Most companies working on this say we are several years from seeing it widely distributed publicly.

What on earth would posses anyone to pay money for something which simply could not exist at the time?

If it came out later on, then upgrade then, or if it couldn't be done with your car as configured, then trade in / up.

I'm not a lawyer so I can't tell you what the claim would be. If they don't make it right I'd join just to show the resentment against their decision to screw over the early adopters and supporters that believed them when they said it would be more expensive later. A 1k refund to bring it in line with today's price would go a long way to make it right.

Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

Any customer who bought a Tesla prior to this week’s price adjustment will be able to upgrade to Autopilot for $2,000 or Full Self-Driving capability for an additional $3,000. In other words, for a customer who previously hadn’t purchased Autopilot plus Full Self-Driving, they will soon be able to do so for $6,000 less than before.

oh I see your point, this is for those who didnt get either when they got their Model 3 and prob are not interested in these features like we are. They are simply luring those customers to sign up and bring in more cash as they need it bad. The price of technology drops, early adopters always get screwed but they know that going in. You took a gamble and paid 8K for both last year, I paid 5K for EAP and was regretting not buying FSD at the time, now I will be paying 2K extra. That's a risk we all took. Honestly there is no reason to even FSD upgrade now since there wont be any new features unless HW 3 comes out. At least, anyone buying their car today, would have to pay 8K upfront to get all these features

Reactions: Seven7
My company is working on a system that will allow your Tesla to fly. It will be available sometime in the future. If you want it, send me $10K and when it's ready I'll activate your car. PayPal.me/Mattjs33

Forgetting all the nonsense about price changes and the alphabet soup of option packages that Tesla foists upon everyone...

Who here genuinely thought Tesla would be able to release a Full Self Driving system on any currently extant Tesla car with the hardware as currently fitted? I see the Waymo test cars and Cruise and all the others, and with the suite of sensors on top and everything they have going on with those cars, what Tesla has on their cars simply does not pass the eye test of being anywhere near sufficient. Most companies working on this say we are several years from seeing it widely distributed publicly.

What on earth would posses anyone to pay money for something which simply could not exist at the time?

If it came out later on, then upgrade then, or if it couldn't be done with your car as configured, then trade in / up.

Right...then you offer you Flying car app for $5k. before you roll out your app to other people.

What would the $10k app owners say? Exactly what we are saying.

Imagine if they had the internet back then.. :pView attachment 382259

For the big claim in this thread, youre making a total false analogy. The model t was actually delivered to the early customers who paid more for it. We got NOTHING for the early support and additional charge.

No problem with paying more to get something early and actually getting it.

Right...then you offer you Flying car app for $5k. before you roll out your app to other people.

What would the $10k app owners say? Exactly what we are saying.

If you were wealthy and naïve enough to pay $5000 for Unicorn Farts, then a few thousand is probably the least of your concerns.

Sorry, just saying.

Oh yes...I understood exactly what you said.

I'm just saying that priority isn't worth $3k for me.
I see your point too, it is kind of weird that they are offering AP+FSD for just 5K for anyone that didnt get it. But I think, Tesla wants to lure in these customers who previously have no interest in this type of technology and bring in much needed cash.

I honestly dont get why they have to introduce 35K Model 3 when the margins are so thin.

I feel guilty for paying $1,000 for my Deep Metallic Blue paint. I also paid $4,000 for AWD while people between me and the current people placing orders paid either $5,000 or $6,000.
And what more did these people get than me? THEY GOT NOTHING. How can I live with myself!

In order to sleep at night I may consider sending Tesla a $2,500 check.

Above is a joke but this is how I feel about this thread. If you consider the Yin you must consider the Yang! I pasted a clip from my order on the previous page or two back so everyone can see I purchased EAP, FSD, AWD and Deep Blue Metallic.

BMW is offering 4k in inventive in the X1 my brother just purchased for our mom. One dealer is offering 8.5k in total discounts

Price cuts happen, and when you're an early adopter of new technology it will happen faster.

But BMW kept the same MSRP. I don't mind temporary rebates to move cars and all, they usually put the end dates on the rebates. With this Tesla Model the prices fluctuate tremendously and it feels like a slap in the face to kill resale value like that.

Reactions: more863-also
I see your point too, it is kind of weird that they are offering AP+FSD for just 5K for anyone that didnt get it. But I think, Tesla wants to lure in these customers who previously have no interest in this type of technology and bring in much needed cash.

I see your point as well.

however, I'm thinking of it another way. I think that the number of people who purchased FSD+EAP back in the day have been calculated as an acceptable number "pissed-offable" people.

I think that was the boardroom conclusion. LOL