Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Devoted Teslonian now developing a resentment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel guilty for paying $1,000 for my Deep Metallic Blue paint. I also paid $4,000 for AWD while people between me and the current people placing orders paid either $5,000 or $6,000.
And what more did these people get than me? THEY GOT NOTHING. How can I live with myself!

In order to sleep at night I may consider sending Tesla a $2,500 check.

Above is a joke but this is how I feel about this thread. If you consider the Yin you must consider the Yang! I pasted a clip from my order on the previous page or two back so everyone can see I purchased EAP, FSD, AWD and Deep Blue Metallic.
you STILL don't get it. after all of this time. Try asking the people who liked this thread.

Last edited:
I honestly dont get why they have to introduce 35K Model 3 when the margins are so thin.

Or more importantly why did everything drop across the board. The LR PUP was 49k just a few months ago and now 43k. Performance has dropped nearly 20k in 6 months. Seems more of a demand issue than transferring savings to customer. No way they would give up huge profit margins unless there is a disastrous poor demand problem.

Reactions: Big City
you STILL don't get it. after all of this time.

I realize people cannot change their paint choice after the fact for less money as a direct comparison. We paid for it and that's that.

I for one am very happy Tesla is bringing features out like this at a more affordable price as it will help spread the platform and thus gain more support.

But we get into the early access program so we can be beta testers. That should be fun!

Not to mention that fictitious spoiler and badging that I paid for up front (back in the day it wasn't included for free) and have pretty much given up on.

26F1128B-F4AC-4F9A-A969-8B7AEC5EEE22.jpeg

Badge and spoiler looks real to me?

You know it’s coming, stop being hysterical. My kids run to me with a post crying how unfair the world is I slap them and I reset reality for them.

Take a deep breath and realize the following truths:

1 - Someone else getting a car cheaper than you should not diminish the enjoyment of your car.

2 - Progress happens. In terms of massive percentage beatings, $50 per 1MB of ram in 1997 money buys you 64GB of ram today.

3 - Tesla must do what Tesla must do to survive. We don't know their books and most speculation and information is asymmetric between quarters. Assume they are not selling cars for less JUST TO F OVER @Jbailey . Assume they are rational actors doing what is in their best long term survival interests.

4 - Last but not least.. I ALWAYS KNOW who will have the fastest, bestest, cheapest, coolest Tesla.

MY NEIGHBOR
I have one of those as well. Anything else not relevant to add?

It's completely relevant to achieve a greater understanding of how the world works. The more one seeks to understand a macro perspective, the more one moves away from micro perspectives.

Did you complain several years back when your Roadster or S was "devalued" by larger magnitudes? If not, why are you complaining now?

* Also, I prefer the nomenclature "Teslarian" over "Teslonian". ;)

Last edited:
“Do you want Tesla to go bankrupt and then the value of your car will go zero. You bought a car a year ago, off course its price gonna go down. Have some gratitude for all the free software updates they constantly push to your car. Tesla is extremely generous and people become entitled instead of showing gratitude.”

Value will go to zero? So by that logic DeLoreans are free? And by the way, we are the customers. They should have some gratitude for us because without us there is no Tesla.

View attachment 382263

1 - Someone else getting a car cheaper than you should not diminish the enjoyment of your car.

I think that everyone is enjoying FSD the same way.

Those who got it for cheap as well as those who got it for not-so-cheap. The same way.

Especially since it does not exist yet.

Correction: I think I'm enjoying my more expensive "nothing" a little less. lol

I feel guilty for paying $1,000 for my Deep Metallic Blue paint. I also paid $4,000 for AWD while people between me and the current people placing orders paid either $5,000 or $6,000.
And what more did these people get than me? THEY GOT NOTHING. How can I live with myself!

In order to sleep at night I may consider sending Tesla a $2,500 check.

Above is a joke but this is how I feel about this thread. If you consider the Yin you must consider the Yang! I pasted a clip from my order on the previous page or two back so everyone can see I purchased EAP, FSD, AWD and Deep Blue Metallic.

You, and them, got blue paint and an AWD car. Is that not something?
View attachment 382263

You know it’s coming, stop being hysterical. My kids run to me with a post crying how unfair the world is I slap them and I reset reality for them.

2 - Progress happens. In terms of massive percentage beatings, $50 per 1MB of ram in 1997 money buys you 64GB of ram today.

3 - Tesla must do what Tesla must do to survive. We don't know their books and most speculation and information is asymmetric between quarters. Assume they are not selling cars for less JUST TO F OVER @Jbailey . Assume they are rational actors doing what is in their best long term interest.

4 - Last but not least.. I ALWAYS KNOW who will have the fastest, bestest, cheapest, coolest Tesla.

MY NEIGHBOR

It's completely relevant to achieve a greater understanding of how the world works. The more one seeks to understand a macro perspective, the more one moves away from micro concerns.

Did you complain several years back when your Roadster or S was "devalued" by larger magnitudes? If not, why are you complaining now?

Because I got to drive my S for many months before it was 'devalued' by product upgrades. Tell me how many months I got to drive with my FSD package enabled before it was sold for less mean while Tesla was out saying it would eventually be more?

Because I got to drive my S for many months before it was 'devalued' by product upgrades. Tell me how many months I got to drive with my FSD package enabled before it was sold for less mean while Tesla was out saying it would eventually be more?

I got a Model X in Dec 2016 and Model 3 in Aug 2018.

That's 20 months of no FSD. Hell when I took delivery of the Model X I had NO CRUISE control at all. The cruise capabilities was less than of a 1987 Nissan Maxima.

I went months and months getting funny autosteer upgrades. Limited to 30 MPH, 40 MPH, 50 MPH, unusable for over a year.

Model 3 owners who paid for FSD will see their first usable features before 20 months which was the time difference between two cars for me.

Correction: I think I'm enjoying my more expensive "nothing" a little less. lol

So tell me what you or I can do about it?

I'm not exactly thrilled that I paid more for the same thing.

I know however there is nothing I can do.

Last edited:
I got a Model X in Dec 2016 and Model 3 in Aug 2018.

That's 20 months of no FSD. Hell when I took delivery of the Model X I had NO CRUISE control at all. The cruise capabilities was less than of a 1987 Nissan Maxima.

I went months and months getting funny autosteer upgrades. Limited to 30 MPH, 40 MPH, 50 MPH, unusable for over a year.

Model 3 owners who paid for FSD will see their first usable features before 20 months which was the time difference between two cars for me.

So tell me what you or I can do about it?

I'm not exactly thrilled that I paid more for the same thing.

I know however there is nothing I can do.

No one is debating ap2 sucked for a long time after it was rolled out; something existed, no matter how bad it was .

you do realize that if you buy AP today, it's not the same as having EAP that we have? it's not gonna have auto steering and navigate on autopilot. Instead those buying today have to get AP+FSD to get all those features that we currently have with just EAP. so they actually have to pay 8K upfront to get all the features that we are getting today for 5K. So why are you complaining? do you want to get a refund and remove those features like NOA auto steering? cause then you have to pay 8K to get them back
People who didn't purchase either last year, get both for $5000

People who purchased EAP in 2019 (before the drop) get FSD free. People who purchased neither in 2019 can add both for $5k.

They are selectively mitigating price drops again and it's not fair for many people.

This is in addition to already crazy price drops they have diminished value from.

View attachment 382263

3 - Tesla must do what Tesla must do to survive. We don't know their books and most speculation and information is asymmetric between quarters. Assume they are not selling cars for less JUST TO F OVER @Jbailey . Assume they are rational actors doing what is in their best long term survival interests.

MY NEIGHBOR

It's completely relevant to achieve a greater understanding of how the world works. The more one seeks to understand a macro perspective, the more one moves away from micro perspectives.

You, and them, got blue paint and an AWD car. Is that not something?

View attachment 382263

MY NEIGHBOR

My Model S was never price slashed at all ..This is a new thing. Oh yeah improvements in hardware such as abruptly increasing battery size, the fight with mobileye and abruptly stopping improvements in autopilot 1 were aggravating but understandable.

However, I never did i see the same car for 5K less a 2.5 months later followed by a decrease in value of something not even available FSD. Now I see spoilers on new cars but they cant even tell me when the one I bought last year will be available...add to that being told that I would be able to get 5K back for the devaluation and still keep the lifetime supercharging only to be told later the Tesla rep did not now what he was talking about.

I guess this is just business. However, the little regard for current employees whose work contributed to their success, firing them without severance, closing stores, demoting them, bothers me and there does not seem to be much regard for previous buyers who's money also contributed to their success.

I'm just not feeling the love like I did several years ago...of course they were not that fiscally responsible then and expectations were lower. Now there are huge expectations to make Tesla profitable and Elon's deferred gratification bonus depends on it.

I do love the car though but I am falling out of love with the company and their practices. I guess this is how things have to be ta make it as a company

Model Y coming up. This is where it bites you. My wife has a 2014 MDX and has never used the 1K deposit on the Model 3 she stood in line for because she decided to wait on the model Y. There is no way she would do that again...She said she will wait at least a year after the release until Tesla decides how much they should charge for it. Anyone who buys one of the first must like colonoscopies without anesthesia.