Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Devoted Teslonian now developing a resentment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I’m suggesting to Elon is this. For people who bought the car at a higher price prior to the Mar 1st 2019 announcement, Tesla should offer free supercharging only for personal use and original owner. If the original owners sells it, the free supercharging will be voided or not transferable. This strategy will for sure keep TESLA old customers happy and will most likely buy another TESLA. Also, this way, no refund is necessary so no out of pocket from TESLA and will keep the TESLA community happy and satisfied. I referred a lot of model 3 buyers and now they look at me as I advertised and lured them in buying an expensive car that ridiculously depreciated in value in a small period of time. Elon make this thing right and keep the owners happy that helped the model 3 a success and earn their business in the future. Forget the refunds, just make the supercharger accessible for free prior to March 1, 2018 customers. For people who’ll buy it with the new price, they will surely understand why they’re not getting free supercharging, it is because they bought the car at already tremendously reduced price. How’s that Elon? Believe me this issue will be forgotten if you do this. Even the investors will lie it.
Tesla values free supercharging as a $5000 option. There is no way they will do this. I already traded in my free supercharging for $5000 back.

Elon, One more thing, this will most likely not cost a lot of expense vs refunds because majority of the owners charged their TESLA at their homes. They will most likely use the free Superchargers on road trips maybe once a year. Elon make the announcement on March 14. Give us a treat specially the ones that were not invited on the model 6
Y announcement.

I think they value it at $5000 on abusive TESLA owners. The trick will be for personal use only and not for Uber etc. Also once the 1st original owner sells his/her car the supercharging is null and void for that particular Vin ‘#. They value it at 5000 if owners will constantly use it. Most owners charges at home or at work. If you already got your $5000 back, then maybe you should just keep quite because you’re not helping to solve the issue.

I think they value it at $5000 on abusive TESLA owners. The trick will be for personal use only and not for Uber etc. Also once the 1st original owner sells his/her car the supercharging is null and void for that particular Vin ‘#. They value it at 5000 if owners will constantly use it. Most owners charges at home or at work. If you already got your $5000 back, then maybe you should just keep quite because you’re not helping to solve the issue.
It's not exactly a secret that they refunded people. They dropped the price $5k on the Performance models almost immediately after the big push, when most people received them. Elon's response was yea, but you have free supercharging. Everyone was like what? free supercharging is worth $5k? then the refunds started getting issued. I have only supercharged my car once since purchase, and that was simply to see if my free super charging was enabled because they were not updating the website at that time. So they put the $5k value on it, this was for non transferable supercharging. Some people kept the FUSC, but most took the $5k.

$1000 credit would be nice, that's pretty much the same as Free Supercharging for me.