Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dictation Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever experienced the bug or issue when you first start driving and push the button to place a call, dictate bug report or dictate an address for navigation and the display on the dash shows the circle going around for a while and then finally after about a minute makes the sound for you to speak however it won’t accept anything until you push the button again and then it works perfectly each time after........this bug cycle happens every time you start the car for the 1st time

Yes - this is so annoying!

Has anyone ever experienced the bug or issue when you first start driving and push the button to place a call, dictate bug report or dictate an address for navigation and the display on the dash shows the circle going around for a while and then finally after about a minute makes the sound for you to speak however it won’t accept anything until you push the button again and then it works perfectly each time after........this bug cycle happens every time you start the car for the 1st time

This feature uses Internet based servers to provide the service. It is only available when the ca has connectivity.

Almost every time I try it. I've pretty much given up using voice controls. I assume this is specific to MCU1 equipped cars, but I could be wrong.