Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did any performance owners ever get their spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been paying attention. Why has getting this spoiler been such a problem? It can't be that hard to make!

In my case, one reason is they don't fir correctly. I don't know who makes these for Tesla, but I've had 11 spoilers tested fitted to my trunk lid and all had visible gaps...I would say about half of them had gaps large enough for two nickels stacked together to fall through them.

Did you have to ask about it or did they contact you? They told me two weeks when I took delivery in March. I've called back once a couple months after, but I haven't pressed.
I happened to have a service visit for a different issue and they had already put my spoiler aside for install. I would recommend doing what I’ve read elsewhere: schedule a service visit to have it installed. Worst that can happen is they don’t have stock and cancel your appointment.

Reactions: Illin
I did receive my spoiler after almost a year waiting, but I believe it was only because I made a service appointment using the Tesla app to have it installed. I never received a notification that one was in stock and should schedule the appointment, so I decided to be a bit more proactive. Turns out they had one and it was subsequently installed. Now in the spirit of full disclosure, that spoiler lifted on the right side, so I had to schedule another appointment to give the Service Center another try. That one has stayed on as it should.

What does that mean when you say you "accepted" it?

Does that mean if it starts peeling off you accepted it as is?

Tesla Mobile service in Northern CA said they no longer install spoilers on top of PPF or wraps and I have Xpel PPF on my trunk lid. I guess an install went bad in the bay area and a spoiler installed over PPF flew off on the freeway and hit the car behind it.

I provided the Mobile Tech with a copy of an email from Xpel saying there would be no issues installing the spoiler on PPF. Mobile tech will discuss it with management and if okay, he will return and install the spoiler with the same installation warranty. He did state if Tesla installs the spoiler and the lifting causes damage to the PPF, Tesla will replace the spoiler but would not be financially responsible for PPF replacement.

Since this one fit pretty well (with just a very, very slight gap on the passenger side), I accepted it, until Tesla decides on the installation. Since the spoiler is currently un-installed, I was told I could exchange it for a better one if they ever decide to change manufacturers.

• Informative
Reactions: Rothgarr
I got mine installed in August after a failed attempt in April where a mobile tech installed it by winging it (and told mr after the fact) whrn i saw clear visible gaps.

Mines look perfect now. Also a 09/2018 delivery.