Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Cadillac rip off Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dark cloud

Apr 14, 2018
BC
Do these new Cadillac wheels look like arachnids or what?

1078702682_5759950971001_5759948606001-vs.jpg
Unknown.jpeg

Certainly similar, but not identical. I’ve seen several brands of rims that look almost identical with some subtle differences over the years. Saying they ripped off Tesla is a stretch.

Kind of like years ago when everybody “ripped off” Audi and started doing the LED accents on the headlights as running lights. Other brands didn’t “rip them off”. They did, however, copy a great idea that Audi brought to market first. Then brands such as Tesla took that idea and expanded on it to make it their own. If you look close at the Cadillac wheels, you can say at best they took a great idea and expanded on it, making it their own.

Random thought of the day.....I've always wondered about them being called "Arachnids." is this some kind of 10 legged spider? Or is the 5th spoke supposed to be the head? or antennae? I think it is a cool name, not trying to change it, just can't connect the dots.

Certainly similar, but not identical. I’ve seen several brands of rims that look almost identical with some subtle differences over the years. Saying they ripped off Tesla is a stretch.

Kind of like years ago when everybody “ripped off” Audi and started doing the LED accents on the headlights as running lights. Other brands didn’t “rip them off”. They did, however, copy a great idea that Audi brought to market first. Then brands such as Tesla took that idea and expanded on it to make it their own. If you look close at the Cadillac wheels, you can say at best they took a great idea and expanded on it, making it their own.

I wouldn't say everyone else is copying "Audis Great Idea"
It's more that LED Technology became an available option and a better option.
Just cause Audi got it to market 1st didn't make it their idea in my opinion.