Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did i go overboard ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else went through this process like me.

1. Started out really hesitant because I can't test drive a Model 3 in my area.
2. Decide to bite the bullet and order one (2020 MSM LR AWD 19 White Interior)
3. Haven't even taken delivery (pick it up friday) and already lined up WAY too much stuff to have done
  • Ordered Tesla Charger ($500)
  • Ordered Keyfob($150)
  • Ordered USB Drive for Sentry ($40)
  • Ordered Wireless Charger ($40)
  • Set up an appointment for XPel Stealth Full Wrap, Xpel XR+ tint, Ceramic coat exterior, Ceramic coat interior ($6000)
I haven't even picked up the car or know if I'm even going to like it and I have $7000 worth of purchases ....

Anyone else go overboard like this?

I went in a similar but different direction. I ordered a standard white LR and then found a red Performance nearby in inventory and spent an extra $10k for shiny paint and face melts. Honestly I should have waited an extra few weeks for my LR delivery but the sheer fun of the Performance is something I'd never give up now.

3. Haven't even taken delivery (pick it up friday) and already lined up WAY too much stuff to have done
  • Ordered Keyfob($150)
  • Set up an appointment for XPel Stealth Full Wrap, Xpel XR+ tint, Ceramic coat exterior, Ceramic coat interior ($6000)
I haven't even picked up the car or know if I'm even going to like it and I have $7000 worth of purchases ....

i didn’t get everything you ordered right away, but eventually did. :)
You didn’t go over board. You’ll be very happy. :)

• Disagree
Reactions: shiv.nandak
This. Also, I found no need for a keyfob. I just put my keycard in a badge holder and if my phone isn't available i use that

I agree! Spending $6k to avoid a few hundred in paint touch ups seems silly to me. But my car’s not a garage queen, either.

The keyfob is unnecessary in my book, but that’s just me.

Best advice I have is to add a Navak USB splitter. You’re gonna want that.

I agree with the above.
The wrap isn't for me. The key fob is a cute toy, but it's a relic of past cars. I have not yet used the keycard since I sync'd up my iPhone. It's just so nice to walk up to the car and open the door. The home charger adds massive value to an electric car. If you already have a level II charger then the Tesla one is just candy - I love pushing the button on the wand and opening the charge port! The only thing to consider about the wireless charger is that it's too easy to use -- I've walked away from the car with my phone hidden in the center console charging away. Big mistake!!
And I doubt you'll have any regrets. This is the best car we've ever owned.

• Ordered Keyfob($150)

No on all but *maybe* the first but definitely the last one. You can do so much better than that cost-wise for PPF.

I did the same, big box of accessories in the garage waiting for my M3 to be delivered!! Can't wait... The other obsession is all of the videos, this forum, searching source code for my VIN, waiting for 14-50 adapters to get back in stock, installing plugs in the garage, prepping my lame ICE car for sale.... plenty to do before you drive it home! :)

I bought the USB hub from taptes, terrible customer service, not a terrible hub.

The Taptes hub won’t distribute power the way the Navak will. The Navak ensures the wireless pad gets a full 2.1A of juice, and then the USB stick on the other leg of the splitter gets the rest. Made by one of our own TMC members specifically for Model 3. One of my favorite addons.

Reactions: jfinephilly
TBH the stealth wrap is as much about the way it looks as it is the protection, though I want the protection too. I'm kinda surprised everyone is saying you can get it cheaper? Any examples? In the research I've done, most people say 5-7k for the wrap alone. 6K with the wrap, tint, and ceramic coating (interior and exterior) seemed pretty good.