Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did I just get an INCREDIBLE deal? LR RWD with FSD = $43,840

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP,

Looking back at your original post, it looks like the real discount you got was not $5,660, but it was really $8,660.

The LR RWD does not include Autopilot. The system initially generated some quotes saying it did, and others fought hard to get Tesla to honor the deal but they were told they would not. So everyone else had to pay $3K to get AP on a LR RWD model. Your quote shows it as being included, so they only charged you $5,000 for FSD when it should have been $3K (AP) + $5K (FSD). That turned out to be an even better deal than you may have realized.

Oh I definitely realized ;)
I was actually reluctant to even post this to begin with because of the incredible overall "deal". It was just perfect timing of when all the price changes and adjustments with AP were happening.

Whether it’s a good deal or not depends on what you in fact are willing to accept for that discount. Plenty of people have posted that the car received for a discount were demo models or returned. Some have said that the cars were trashed for a significant discount.

If I were looking for a great deal, I would be willing to have them do the delivery process so that you can see the car and make a decision whether or not the discount is enough to offset whatever makes the car less than new.

Right.

OP can let us know in 2 years if it was a good deal. Because you can’t always see what this car has gone through.

Maybe it was a return because someone wanted an AWD or Performance. Or perhaps it died on the original owner on the highway and has a new motor in it. You just don’t know.

My pessimism will cost me plenty in life ;)

Good luck