Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did not pass inspection - anyone come across this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s my advice...call the city to see where the approval is at. Sometimes, the city sits on things. For the original inspection, they had the plans approved but didn’t call Tesla to pick it up for a couple of weeks. I found this out when I called so then, alerted Tesla that the plans were approved.

Also, keep contacting (may feel like badgering) your project advisor and the inspection coordinator to give you updates. My project advisor is awesome, but the inspection coordinator was not responsive. So I called the scheduling team to escalate contacting the inspection coordinator with a copy to her manager.

You really do have to be your own project manager on this unfortunately because their sales have gone through the roof.

Also, check with your project adviser to see if the final photos match the plans. Ours didn’t so that took us back a step of Tesla updating their plans and resubmitting to the city.

Thanks for the Advice! I did reach out to my project advisior, but I'll follow up with the inspection coordinator.

hi guys - can I install the app and look at electricity production before PTO happens? Also, has anyone contacted SCE to find out status? I read a lot about PG&E but haven't seen SCE.

If you are doing solar only, then probably not. It seems like tesla doesn’t activate the app for solar only installs until after PTO. If you are getting powerwalls, then yes. Typically with a powerwall install the app is activated during the system commissioning while the installers are still on site.

Reactions: Momvivant
can I install the app and look at electricity production before PTO happens

My solar roof installation completed last week (no powerwalls) and I am waiting for PTO. I can't see anything in the Tesla app which I'm will told will be activated after PTO. However, I downloaded a monitoring app for my Delta inverter (called M Professional) that did allow me to see string production while Tesla was testing my install. I believe there are similar apps for other inverter brands depending upon what you have.

Reactions: Momvivant